IGNORED

Setting default HDMI port on Sony Bravia...possible?

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

When powering up the cable box and Bravia, the Bravia defaults to the TV or coax port. This necessitates having to manually switch the input to HMDI port 1.

Anyone know if the HDMI port can be set as default?

TIA

I have the same issue. Cable box goes to HDMI Port 1, and Blu Ray to Port 2. If the Blu-Ray's turned on for any reason, whether cable box is on or not, TV defaults to Port 2. Strange.

-MKL

Are you using the coax/tv port at all? On some TVs, you can delete inputs.

What type of remote are you using? Some remotes can be programmed to automatically switch the input when you power a device on.

With my Harmony One, if I hit the "Watch Bluray" button, the TV goes to the proper input, the bluray player will come on and the receiver goes to the correct input. When I hit "Watch TV", it will shut the receiver and bluray player off, and switch the TV to the proper input.

John-

I'll experiment and let you know. No big deal to switch the inputs, but still, a default would be nice.

-MKL

John Ranalletta

The coax TV port is not being used. The cable box serves HDMI to the HDMI 1 port on the monitor.

I cannot delete ports.

The remote is an Xfinity-provided unit. Doesn't appear to have programming functionality like the Harmony.

Archived