IGNORED

Ignition Interlock

Kevin-RT1150

Well it has been so long since I been to the site I had to Re-Register, 2 very very long years. In between my email also changed as well... Well that is the easy part, based on subject of my first post back in almost two years, I'll give you three guesses where I have been and yeah the first 3 don't count... Yeah I decided to wait till I was nearly a Half Century Old to be a dumb A** coming home from a Christmas Party, single car accident, just me and the Guard Rail. Fortunately (God Bless) it was a Guard rail... 1st time offense, but with an accident and the highest BAC, two years on foot, mass transportation, Martz Buss and grubbing allot of rides. Well July 13th is almost just around the corner, but don't miss driving as much as I do riding and in addition to the two years suspension, my 1st year will be restricted license and requiring the above on all my vehicles, including the bike. Not finding allot of encouraging info on the web with these devices and Bikes. I know it varies state to state. In my case I have two choices if one has a benefit over the other ; PA or NJ.

Anyone have or know of any other in my situation? I'm also not looking forward to having anyone hack into my harnesses...

Thanks in advance

I am unaware of an interlock device for a motorcycle at this time. Lots of talk about them but no products on the market as far as I have seen.

I'm a lawyer and have had a client or two who did have interlocks on their bikes. This is in WA but I'm sure the technology is available out east, if the law permits it.

Linky

Kevin-RT1150

In PA the Law States "that for EVERY Motor Vehicle" Titled in your name, each vehicle requires a device. If you do not (or can't possibly the case for the bike) you cannot obtain the "Restricted" license. As we all know, with the restricted License you can't drive a vehicle unless it has a device, so why can't I choose which of my vehicles I choose to drive? Isn't that what a the definition of the Restricted license is? So I need to sell or get the bike out of my name... What if I owned 10 vehicles, I can't choose to drive one for this 12 month period, no at a 100 bucks a vehicle, each one needs a device...

All the do in PA is give you a list of "providers" and say; you figure it out. I called the 1st three and one said; "yeah we should be able to do it"! So where does this device get wired in? Do I really want some people who "think they can" hacking into my Harness?

Archived