IGNORED

Paint code for valvecovers?

BHS

I bought my 2006 R1200RT used last year and the previous owner had tipped it over, on both sides. As a result the valve covers are scratched and I plan to sand and repaint them. While I'm at it I may do the scuffed footpeg mounts as they seem to be the same color.

Anyone know the code for this shade of silver, or where I might find it?

Thanks.

I bought my 2006 R1200RT used last year and the previous owner had tipped it over, on both sides. As a result the valve covers are scratched and I plan to sand and repaint them. While I'm at it I may do the scuffed footpeg mounts as they seem to be the same color.

Anyone know the code for this shade of silver, or where I might find it?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure this is what you need (I used it for front fork leg refurb.)

Wurth German Alloy Silver Wheel Spray Paint

Item Number 270621140775

BTW it would be pretty hard to buy a 2006 last year other than used :grin:

Take one of the covers off and take it to a automotive paint store, they can get pretty close, tell them to put something in to dull the gloss a little. They do not have to be an exact match since there is nothing close to them the same color and you're painting both of them they'll match each other. Easy way is to take to your local body shop and let them match and paint them. Expensive way is to send it to Holt BMW, they will do a perfect job, but it will be expensive!

Hope this helps,

Steve

What about taking them to a powder coating shop? Not a rhetorical question, as 2 years ago, I had a parking lot tip while loading the right case first, and the right cylinder cover has a couple of scuffs from contact with a curb.

What about taking them to a powder coating shop? Not a rhetorical question, as 2 years ago, I had a parking lot tip while loading the right case first, and the right cylinder cover has a couple of scuffs from contact with a curb.

I'm pretty sure this is what you need (I used it for front fork leg refurb.)

Wurth German Alloy Silver Wheel Spray Paint

Item Number 270621140775

BTW it would be pretty hard to buy a 2006 last year other than used :grin:

Thanks for the info. :grin:

And yes, an '06 bought new in '10 would be quite a find. ;)

Actually there is a powercoating shop close by, the durability would be quite good I suspect. Think I'll give them a call.

I had thought about painting mine... but was concerned about need for high temp paint... anyone share this concern.. needless to say, not an issue on wheels... in the end, I bought a new cover and cover guards... of course, haven't tipped since then!

Archived