IGNORED

1974 CB 350 Four Finished

Knifemaker

I would like to thank all the board members of BMWST for their support and kind words about my restorations....

I would also like to express my thanks and appreciation to Matt Stergis for his support and help this weekend....

How do I say this.......

SCORE....SCORE....SCORE !!!!

ALL the work PAID OFF !!!

99 1/4 POINTS !!!!!!!! out of a possible 100 !!!!

I feel like I just won the SUPER BOWL of Antique Motorcycle Restorations !!! What a FANTASTIC day and feeling !!!

When the head National Judge of The Antique Motorcycle Club of America said.. "With a score of 99 1/4 points... Bill Jones with his 1974 Honda CB350 Four" I went to a mental SHOCK... When I went up to accept the trophy he said SPECTACULAR BIKE and that is all I really remember...except Matt shaking my hand and congradulating me... I truly was more shocked than when my 1965 Honda Dream scored 97 1/4 points last year... During the judging I was so frustrated that I left the area with Matt because I felt one of the judges that was asking me questions was being particulary harsh with me about the bike concerning the originallity...I gathered from her conversations and statements to the other judges she could not believe the condition and originallity of the bike and thought it could not possibly be in this original condition after 37 years....

Thank all of you agin for your well wishes.......

That's great. We here appreciated it, but it's good to see that the judges did too, even if Matt was there with you. :)

Archived