IGNORED

1974 CB 350 Four Finished

Knifemaker

Well the little CB350 Four is finished and ready for the AMCA judging in Eustis next weekend...2 months of serious clean up and a carb. re-build and she's running perfect...

Whip....Took your advice and shot the pix this morning to prove it does exist and that that you guys and gals get to judge the bike BEFORE the show next week...

I hope thses bike pictures bring some enjoyment to you folks: It's ALOT of work bring one of the 35+ year old bikes to life again and I just love'em and enjoy sharing with you all....

1200343225_4Kyn3-M.jpg

1200343118_Ebfsv-M.jpg

1200343205_qudrp-M.jpg

1200343210_zNQT2-M.jpg

1200343266_dRszR-M.jpg

1200343119_i7sdi-M.jpg

1200343275_w3ccb-M.jpg

and one just for fun

1200343222_RLynY-M.jpg

It's lovely. Congratulations. I owned one in 1980-81. It had a four into one exhaust, but I used to run it with the headers open after the can fell off one day. It wasn't that loud. I repainted it with canned spray paint on the fire escape of our apartment. It did not come out look this good... ;)

That is a thing of beauty for sure. I love the 70's era bikes as that's what was prevalent when I discovered motorcycling back in '76. My dream bike is a similarly restored '78 Suzuki GS1000.

Nice work for sure, and best of luck in the judging :thumbsup:

Wow that bike looks new. Must have been a lot of work AND leg work to find the parts that needed to complete the job.

Reminds me of the Cb500 two cylinder Honda I bought used in 1988. I wish I would have that bike now along with a 1980s GPZ750 kawa.

What a fun ride that was.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

The bike is absolutely beautiful. But the photography is stunning. Do it yourself?

Yes, I shots the photos just out side of my shop yesterday morning around 8:00 am...No studio lights or flashes...It was foggy as all get out but the light was nice and even....

If you look at rhe reflection on the engine cover on picture #7 you will see my truck.....

I guess I need to help get all the orange overspray off that one don't I?

Are you kidding....That orange overspray from your son's bike restoration will be apart of the R75/5 restoration forever !!!!!

My first bike was a Honda 550 four (74). Not sure what the color was called...kind of a purpleish/maroon metallic...would love to have one in THAT kind of condition again (not like my old one when I gave it up :P) cb500-4.jpg

My wife and I went to my BMW dealer on Saturday to get state inspection done. When I joined her in the showroom, she said whe wanted to show me something. She took me past all the new iron, and over to the used section, and showed me a very nice Honda 500-4, which is the bike she rode for a while long ago.

She said it was the only one that looked like a motorcycle from her point of view. :)

Back to the OP, very nice job on the 350-4.

I think the bike looks better than new. I don't think they were that clean when new.

The photography is rather excellent also.

The orange is a reflection of orange garage doors on a storage facility? I can see orange doors with a truck parked in front.

dc

Absolutely gorgeous. Fantastic restoration.

I had a 1971 CB 350 twin then jumped up to a 1973 CB 750 Four. I did not realize that they made the 350 in a 4 cylinder.

Subsequently bought a 1978 GL 1000 and then a 1980 CBX.

Wish I still owned all of them.

Thanks to ALL....ever since I have been doing motorcycle restorations you folks have been great...I spend a large amount of time researching, building, cleaning, and just general working to get these motorcycles finished and your comments are ALWAYS appreciated...

Your replies on ownership of these bikes and the fact that most of you mention that you still wish you had the motorcycle still... is really cool to me...

I hope ALL your motorcycle wishes come true...some of mine have and I have more....

The 1972 BMW R75/5 is slated next on my list (If something else does not come up). This will NOT be a faithful reproduction I just want to build this one the way I want it to look this time...Purist...don't hate me

Thanks again for your comments...

that's a beautiful little bike. I remember those when I was a kid, trying to speculate how small each piston must be.

But please, please tell me you'r going to put some miles on it.

RPG

But please, please tell me you'r going to put some miles on it.

My bikes are NOT trailer queens....Even though the BMW's get ridden mostly... all bikes are exercised....

Wonderful restoration. The chrome work and the clean-up of the cylinders is magnificant. Keep the orange. My first bike was a 1972 3-cylinder Kawasaki H-1B 500cc in orange. A very fast 2-stroke bike.

Brings back many memories. I never had a 350/4, but I had the old 350 twin (my first "real" bike). I also had a 500/4 and a 750/4 (all Honda's). Great bikes...

Beautiful work!

Wow, Bill, the bike looks great! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the R75. FWIW, my big brother's R69S was not stock and looked pretty cool to his little sis way back then. :) Have fun!

Wow that bike looks new. Must have been a lot of work AND leg work to find the parts that needed to complete the job.

Reminds me of the Cb500 two cylinder Honda I bought used in 1988. I wish I would have that bike now along with a 1980s GPZ750 kawa.

What a fun ride that was.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.

My brother has a 1984 GPZ750 sitting in his garage. needs work though and it's on LI.

A friend of mine had a CB400 4 that I got to ride from time to time. A simply delightful smooth running bike, not fast by today's standards, but for the day it was a very good runner. There is just something magic about the sound and feel of the early Honda 4 cylinders and of course the CBX

Good Job, the smile on your face when riding it has got to be priceless.

Rod

A friend of mine had a CB400 4 that I got to ride from time to time. A simply delightful smooth running bike, not fast by today's standards, but for the day it was a very good runner. There is just something magic about the sound and feel of the early Honda 4 cylinders and of course the CBX

Good Job, the smile on your face when riding it has got to be priceless.

Rod

I love how this thread is rekindling old pleasant memories. A beautifully restored old bike can certainly do that.

The CB400 is the bike I learned to ride on, and one that played a huge part in my love for motorcycling. My best friend owned a CB400, and it was a joy to ride. He lived upstate NY with tons of great roads, and he taught me how to ride on it.

I eventually bought a Kawasaki 550 and by some strange miraculous reason we were able to tour New England with a 400 and 550 with zero hard bags yet fully packed for camping! The thought of bigger bikes never crossed our minds, and we could not have had more fun nor felt more free.

I once met a man who said "those who were sailors were dreamers"... I think those who restore bikes are too.

Great job. The bike world thanks you.

Your photography is amazing, it made a piece of art out of just a motorcycle, albeit a nice one at that.

Great job with the restoration!

The CB350 was the first road bike I ever rode. A friend and fellow trail rider across the street had one that I would occasionally ride. Beautiful work and photography. Thanks for bringing back some very fond memories.

Archived