IGNORED

Blackhole exhaust RBRacing

bluesguitarboy

bluesguitarboy

I really like this exhaust system.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/blackhole/bmwr1100exhausts.html

I looked at Staintune and refuse to pay $1400 for a slip-on. Same thing with Remus. I am not going to open up my MCU to replace a chip so no on Laser. What the guy says makes sense but I have not heard anything good about the company. Has any bought this particular exhaust do you like it? Any help opinions and or facts would be greatley appreciated.

There have been other discussions on this forum about RBRacing regarding BMW clutches. They advertise BMW products on their website but never actually got around to stocking them. They currently seem to be focused on HD product. It's not that they are ripping anyone off, it's just that they don't actually have the product and won't commit to a delivery date.

This is the first time I have gone to their web site and am very impressed.I am looking into a Hi Flo header for my RT and think I will give them a shout.I don,t know if their product will work with my Laser, but it won,t hurt to ask

bluesguitarboy

The reason I want a new exhaust is I would like to drop some weight and have a more aggressive sound. I rode my friends bike and he had a Remus. It wasn't loud but it had a beautiful low pitch growl to it that I really liked. For me the sound of the engine is part of the experience. The bike has enough power for me stock so I don't care about rear wheel horsepower and would never consider putting my bike on a dyno. In the meantime I checked another forum and fouund this:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-r1100s-r1200s-tech-forum/323901-rb-racing-intake.html

I think I will look elsewhere. I know you should take opinions found on a forum with a grain of salt but I could not find one person who tried this product and was happy. There is to much doubt for me to risk $1000.00

Really wierd. The RT they have made it so that the exhaust follows to lines of the pannier, but comes along the RHS of the bike obscuring regular service items like the brake calliper then leaving a really ugly, space wasting void on the LHS where the exhaust used to go! However on the GS, where it doesn't matter, they have routed the exhaust up on the LHS??

I'm confused.

The site indicates it's for easier removal of the rear wheel.

But the rear wheel is not hard to remove anyway!

It actually makes it harder because on the stock bike (R1150RT)you don't have to move the exhaust, BUT you do have to remove the calliper, so now they have made it even harder to get to the one item you do have to gain access to.

Andy

Archived