IGNORED

Butler Maps - printed motorcycle maps for riders by riders

Bill@ButlerMaps

Bill@ButlerMaps

Purchase 2-3(max) maps and receive free shipping with this code: bmwsporttouring

----------------------------------------------------------------

As my last post was deleted...

I'm posting this again as my 1 vendor post but not adding to it per the rules. Sorry about that last time. Please PM for questions.

Updates, news, dealer info, rally info will be in the ADV thread listed below.

We will be at MOA & TOR again this year plus we've been working hand in hand with Touratech on a way cool project. http://www.wabdr.com/

http://www.butlermaps.com/Motorcycle-Road-Maps/14/DVD-and-Map---Washington-Backcountry-Discovery-Route

Hello, we produce waterproof & tearproof motorcycle specific maps from the riders perspective. We ride ALL the roads and rate them with a patented G1-3 rating system, with G1 being the best of the best.

Ride like a local! http://www.butlermaps.com/

No more buying a generic paper car map, looking at the roads hoping you picked some bike worthy ones & having it tear apart in a few days. No more hours of researching online, asking locals where the best roads are. We have spent 3 years riding and extensively evaluating all of the paved roads in each state. We have developed and patented a 3 tier ranking system that gets you quickly on THE best roads in the state! Now you can use our maps alone to create the ultimate tour & day ride loops.

A few years back we saw a huge need for a high quality motorcycle oriented road map. Looking at a road atlas from the gas station will tell you how to get from point A to B but it won’t tell you which way is the coolest if you’re on two wheels. There are a few companies out there who have attempted to lead us toward good rides, but in our opinion they fall short in the sense that their maps only lead us back to where we started, or leave out some of the best stuff around. What if I you don’t want to loop? Where do you go after the highlighted route is finished? If it’s a trip of a lifetime, you do not want to miss the best roads!

As map geeks, we feel you can never own too many maps. Our state maps compliment any existing printed or GPS maps you already own. Our maps give you the big picture view that is essential for planning. For heavy GPS users, plan with our maps and then have your GPS guide you to those roads. Waypoints are provided in our detail sections.

Additional info, dealers lists & rally info is found here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717

Please PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Bill Eakins

Butler Maps

http://www.butlermaps.com/

14145068.png

Nice maps.

Two questions:

1. have you considered crowd sourcing the other 44 states, Canada, and Mexico? Between here, ADV, and some of the Wing boards, there is a vast and often reliable pool of interesting road wiki from locals and travelers.

2. any thoughts about route conversions for GPS users? I realize there is a population that prefers printed maps, and still others who carry them as back ups (me), but an electronic form of your maps would be great.

Best of luck.

Hi Bill,

Take a look at this thread please.

It's about a winter seasonal riding map for the western US. A lot of good information in it, but I realized I don't have the tools to turn it into a map.

Have you done any seasonal products, or thought of doing any? I think there might be a market for that sort of thing.

What do you think?

Hi Bill,

It's about a winter seasonal riding map for the western US. A lot of good information in it, but I realized I don't have the tools to turn it into a map.

Have you done any seasonal products, or thought of doing any? I think there might be a market for that sort of thing.

What do you think?

This is a fantastic concept for a motorcycle community map!!!

Bill@ButlerMaps

thanks everyone!

1. We would be able to produce maps faster but...court, justin & scott have a rating system (they pattented it) they developed and use as a benchmark. it's their rating system and thus they are the only ones who will be riding the roads. we of course do take input from local riders about where to ride but the process involves using a Benchmark Maps (they supply our basemaps) booklet and riding every single road in each quadrant.

It's a long process but produces the highest quality map. There are no shortcuts. It took us 3yrs before the first map (colo.) came to market.

As for the 44 states, we will not produce a map for all states. We are currently finishing nor cal (this is the 5th trip there) and then it's OR & WA so we've got a complete west coast. After that i suspect AZ & NM plus we've talked about the Ozarks & SW N.C. region. We also plan on working on western dual sport maps for the same states.

2. We are currently working on Garmin compatible maps plus an Itunes & Android map app.

[.quote=UberXY]Nice maps.

Two questions:

1. have you considered crowd sourcing the other 44 states, Canada, and Mexico? Between here, ADV, and some of the Wing boards, there is a vast and often reliable pool of interesting road wiki from locals and travelers.

2. any thoughts about route conversions for GPS users? I realize there is a population that prefers printed maps, and still others who carry them as back ups (me), but an electronic form of your maps would be great.

Best of luck.

Bill@ButlerMaps

interesting concept! another huge winter area is texas hill country. we finished riding that area last month and had great weather w/ tons of bikers down there. the map will be out in the spring sometime. there is alot of great twisty roads and more than any of us suspected down there.

Hi Bill,

What do you think?

Archived