IGNORED

Bay area wrench/tech day?

tone1298

The 04 RT is approaching 40K and it's been a while since my last maintenance (up in Benicia) so wondering if someone has a tech day planned soon or would be interested in meeting up at my place (in Fremont) to do some work.

Plan on doing a bunch of stuff but I really need help with brake/clutch fluid change and tb sync since I don't have the right tools or very much experience.

I've never hosted a tech day but would definitely consider it if there was interest (and I get an ok from the boss). I have enough space but limited tools.

Takers?

I know just the PLACE! (hint: it will seem very familiar!)

I'd be happy to have one of my many mini-tech daze...i.e. personal one on one quickie...

Hey that goes for Snurdle too if you are lurking around out there!

I'll PM you with info on when I'm available and my phone #...

Heck, I'm about 900 miles away from my 42K service and I'd much rather dirty your garage than mine :thumbsup: When might this happen? Haven't seen or heard much from you lately, you doing well? Other than AM tune ups?

I would be interested in attending depemding on timing. Just recieved the carbtune, bleed bag, and bleed fummel from Beemerboneyard. I would be willing to bring them if needed. I need to run some more fuel out of the tank before I take it off :).

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I'll come to watch and drink beer.

If Eric comes we'll sneak around with a camera and check to see if the underside of your bikes are clean too.

Boney, clean out your message box..I've been trying to PM you without success.....or is that why you leave it full? :dopeslap: I'd like to discuss your HID experience.

Russ

Hmmm, this might be fun! Of course, I just went in to my garage and found that I have no bikes in there. Friggin' GS is in the shop for more warranty work. Depending on what/when/and my other obligations, I'd come out and help laugh, hold the floor down, and otherwise try to get in the way of any serious work going on. :)

skinny_tom (aka boney)
Boney, clean out your message box..I've been trying to PM you without success.....or is that why you leave it full? :dopeslap: I'd like to discuss your HID experience.

Russ

I had 55 of 500. Now I have none. Give it a whirl!

Anyone need their spline lubed?

Oh, SNAP!

Russ

I had 55 of 500. Now I have none. Give it a whirl!

Anyone need their spline lubed?

Oh, SNAP!

When PMing B o n e y, be sure to enter the name correctly. Typo in the name will indicate the recipient's mailbox is full.

If a bay area tech day or Mini tech day actually materializes, my 04RT is way over due for front and rear brake circuits; clutch fluid change and ABS fluid change/service.

I've always had these done in the BMW shop which is now gone and I'd like to learn the procedures myself. One way or the other it needs to be done pre-Torrey.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

When PMing B o n e y, be sure to enter the name correctly. Typo in the name will indicate the recipient's mailbox is full.

b o n e y would change his name back to boney but the forum software apparently only allows moderators to reuse their old screen names even when they match the sign in. :-)

thx to all for the responses! seems like there's not a big need for a full blown tday just yet and the mini version will suffice. I've just pm'd Richard to set something up.

however, my offer to host a tday still stands and figuring will need to change tires in a few months :) so probably June/July timeframe??

Thanks Michael........it's the little things that get some of us confused!

Russ

Oy Vey!

Seems like we are due for a good Bay Area tech day...

However, I'm all tapped out, and my MUCH better half is also tapped out, so no tech day in Benicia. If I had my choice I'd have at least 3 a year, but it isn't an option for us this winter or spring. (Multiple reasons, but one is a I only got room for one bike and about 3 people in my garage for the foreseeable future)

So although it looks like it could be a great event, I can't host it!

So maybe this summer, but for now I'm out for hosting such an event...

skinny_tom (aka boney)
but one is a I only got room for one bike and about 3 people in my garage for the foreseeable future)

Please tell me there isn't a car in there. :/

Hmmmm, maybe we could do one at our place?

Chime in on interest and I'll put something together if there is.

We live in Diamond Springs, FYI. Right next to Placerville.

but one is a I only got room for one bike and about 3 people in my garage for the foreseeable future)

Please tell me there isn't a car in there. :/

The horror! But yes, there have been several in and out... All my stuff is getting very old! (and needy!)

Firefight911
All my stuff is getting very old! (and needy!)

We don't care about your personal problems!

Hi Richard!

BeniciaRT_GT
All my stuff is getting very old! (and needy!)

We don't care about your personal problems!

I have it on high authority you very much DO...

June would be fine, I was just chiming in for the "get together" opportunity. I'll need to do my 42K service in the next week of two. Who knows what I can come up with to do in June. June wounds like fun, in other words.....

Maybe we can put pressure on Nick (Deadboy) to show off his new tire changer and his wonderful bike lift. An April TD would be great!

Firefight911

Nick is out of country currently. We'll have to wait for him to sign in and step up.

If he can't/doesn't do it, count Jamie and I in for a Tech Daze at our place in June.

Gimme some dates folks........

Archived