IGNORED

RT shock interchangibility

beemerboy

I just discovered that my rear shock is leaking and have a chance to purchase a used one from a '00 RT with approx 35K miles of wear on it. I checked BMW fiche p/n's and see a slight difference but don't see a physical difference between the two.

This will be a temporary fix for me as I plan to upgrade within the next year or so. Dollars are stretched a bit thin of late hence my decision to put off the larger expense of new front and rear shocks.

So, what does the collective wisdom of BMWST think??

The 1100 RT and the 1150 RT have different swingarms and the lower shock mount is one of the differences. The shocks are not interchangeable between an 1100RT and an 1150RT.

Andy

"purchase a used one from a '00 RT "

and

"'02 RT black, baby, black"

AFAIK, all boxers after 99' are 1150, or if they are 850 or 1100, the shaft housing is from an 1150. Right?

Dan.

and

AFAIK, all boxers after 99' are 1150, or if they are 850 or 1100, the shaft housing is from an 1150. Right?

Dan.

I thought it was common knowledge that the 1150 model line started in '02. Regardless, I'm now headed towards Wilbers and accepting donations. :grin:

and

Dan.

I thought it was common knowledge that the 1150 model line started in '02. Regardless, I'm now headed towards Wilbers and accepting donations. :grin:

The year the 1150 started varied by country, with the USA being about 1 year behind Europe.

Andy

Archived