IGNORED

NE Tech Day

rocks

BUMP BUMP BUMP

I'll be 3 hours out on Saturday morning. If the temps don't promote icing I'll be riding at dawn.

I'm hoping the 8-12" of snow forecasted for April Fools day won't make us have to think about postponing! :S

:eek::Cool::lurk:

Well we certainly didn't get what was predicted... closer to an 1 1/2" of snow... I think we're still good to go for the 30th!! :clap:

Not going to be able to make this one :cry:. We hope to run into some of you perhaps at the MOA annual in July.

Have fun!

Mike and Georgi

Not going to be able to make this one . We hope to run into some of you perhaps at the MOA annual in July.

Have fun!

Mike and Georgi/quote]

Bummer... the suite was all set!!

At this rate the only one attending this Tech Day is going to be Old Man Winter, who apparently hasn't gotten the memo that it's spring.

The Yankeebeemers will be camping in the area that weekend for the Frosty Nutz campout. Maybe if you post it over on there site you will create some interest.

Brian

yankeebeemers.org

Please chime in if you're thinking of coming and have just been lurking... want to try and get an idea of how many people.

I'll provide coffee and munchies in the AM and lunch... if people are staying over we'll figure out dinner as well.

If only a few are coming we can go for a ride... there one or two good roads around here :grin:

Thanks

S

Rocks, I am only a maybe. If the weather is good, I may ride up in the moring stop for an hour or two and head back home.

Don't plan anything around me. Do what you think is best.

Hope to see you then.

Mike

I found it. April 30th.

=( Too bad I can't make it that Saturday, we're going to a sheep & wool festival in CT. I would like to see how to do the valves on this thing in person. It seems simple enough when I read the instructions, but it also reads like the kind of thing that is better learned in the presence of someone who has done it...

Happy Wrenching!

Rocks, I am only a maybe. If the weather is good, I may ride up in the moring stop for an hour or two and head back home.

Don't plan anything around me. Do what you think is best.

Hope to see you then.

Mike

Mike its the same weekend as last year... I promise a good weather weekend! Hope to see you and Ginny here!

I found it. April 30th.

=( Too bad I can't make it that Saturday, we're going to a sheep & wool festival in CT. I would like to see how to do the valves on this thing in person. It seems simple enough when I read the instructions, but it also reads like the kind of thing that is better learned in the presence of someone who has done it...

Happy Wrenching!

Might have a ride event on Sunday so stay tuned... if you're in CT its just a hop north!

I'm hoping it's a Tech Daze, but understand if it becomes a ride around.

Well you're coming for a few days so it could be both!

I was planning on 1 day wrenching, with travel for Fri and Sun. That keeps me off the bike at night on back roads. I will not soon forget "Beware of Moose" signs at 11pm on my way into the UN in Lancaster, NH :cry::grin:

The bike doesn't need anything. I just like to learn in person. I won't mind riding around beautiful VT/NH or wherever :D

My last Tech Daze was - good gravy - back in Winona, MN in about 2002 :eek: Conducted and hosted by the Fabulous Eddy brothers and taught by the Honorable Mr. Tom Roe.

Please chime in if you're thinking of coming and have just been lurking... want to try and get an idea of how many people.

Steve,

Sorry for the late reply. I am a definite (unless the weather is real bad).

I've been struggling to determine what wrenching my bike needs. Last fall it got some TLC at the dealer before storage.

I have a new set of PR2's ready to mount, but my old PR2's won't wear out. I suppose a brake fluid flush is a marginally needed item. Then, I'd like to get my GPS wired to the connector under the faring.

I plan to come solo and hang out with you all! AND very much looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

Ed -

Good thing I happened to check the site. I don't make it on here nearly as much as I should. I'd love to make up there. My one and only tech day so far was in 2009 a week before I even picked up my new bike. It'll be nice to attend one while actually having an RT. Plus, I'm only ~2 hours away, so I can't use distance as an excuse not to.

Kip

Good thing I happened to check the site. I don't make it on here nearly as much as I should. I'd love to make up there. My one and only tech day so far was in 2009 a week before I even picked up my new bike. It'll be nice to attend one while actually having an RT. Plus, I'm only ~2 hours away, so I can't use distance as an excuse not to.

Kip

Last years event: LINK

You can't get any better than this! Plus, look on a map. Riding is awsome all around Canaan,NH.

The Yankeebeemers will be camping in the area that weekend for the Frosty Nutz campout.

I've never been to the YB Frosty Nutz campout event, but I am a YB member and have attended the YB Rally out in Heath, MA last August among some other YB events. These folks are real friendly and know how to have fun. The Frosty Nutz event has open arms for anyone to attend (see LINK ). So, if you are a camper and want a nice place to stay not far from Canaan, you might want to check it out.

Ed -

Hello Steve

I will be there weather permitting. Don't need to do much on my bike but can bring some tools that could come in handy. Good reason for a ride, see you in a few weeks

JIm Crowley

1150 rt

All's good... looks like we could have a decent turnout... if the weather holds I have count as of today of 15 people...

Should be a good time. :clap:

Not sure what people are wanting to get done but if you want to ship anything PM me.

See you all in a few weeks

Let me know if you need anything

Not sure what people are wanting to get done but if you want to ship anything...

Do you need any special tools like the Parnes wheel balancer, ABS funnel, etc? Not sure if Paul is coming but I can bring up some of our tools - just not gonna slap the tire changer.on the back of the bike :-)

Jim,

No tires being done that I know of, I do not have a tire changer.

I do have an ABS funnel and syringes...

Could use a Carb Stix or the like...

Have most of the basics...

I have not spoken to Paul either... I'll try and get in touch with him... maybe he'll bring his lift :rofl: and of course his talking torque wrench!

I have a TwinMax that I'll bring. The technical CarbStix :)

If Paul doesn't come I'll steal his talking torque wrench while he's not looking. :rofl:

JeffofConnecticut
sorry Karl... That requires the secret handshake :grin:

My address is 23 Reagan Rd., Canaan, NH

About 15 minutes from the VT/NH border.

Stephen, so you're hosting the Tech Daze? Pencil me in.

Jeff

Stephen

if anyone from Southern CT or Southern NY is heading up, and the weather is agreeable, i would like to come along. Perhaps a valve adj, and TB sync. I also need to do the left cam chain tensioner, but don't know how long that would take.

scott c.

Sounds like a great Tech Daze shaping up. So sorry we can't make it this year :cry: Got our fingers and toes crossed for good weather up there this weekend!

I got psyched when I saw your post... thinking you had changed your plans and were able to come... weather looks good... you guys will be missed!

Scott,

Look forward to meeting you. There are tentatively several people riding up from that neck of the woods... most were waiting to see what the weather was going to be like.

See you Saturday

S

You guys Have a safe, productive and Happy Tech day! Love to attend but just can't be everywhere! It looks as if Spring has Finally Sprung!

You guys Have a safe, productive and Happy Tech day! Love to attend but just can't be everywhere! It looks as if Spring has Finally Sprung!

But Bob... you should have priorities :grin:

Hi Stephen,

Looks like you will have a great Tec Daze this weekend. Unfortunately I will not be able to join in the mnerriment. I'll look forward to the pictures and "ride reports" of this event.

Gretings to everyone and enjoy.

Francis

See you in the morning Steve.

Francis, I was hoping to get a close up look at that new GT. Hopefully I will see you sometime during the riding season.

Mike

Archived