IGNORED

NE Tech Day

rocks

I attended a tech day in CT a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. I didn't make it to one last year, not even sure if there was one, but I'd be interested in attending another one.

I've had my RT for a couple years now, put about 25k miles on it and have done all the routine service myself (all fluid changes, valve adjust, rocker end play adjust, fuel filter & air filter change, etc), as well as a few other things like left cam chain tensioner upgrade, para-lever pivot bushing upgrade, complete brake flush, tire changes, and I've got a RH throttle body rebuild kit sitting on my desk waiting for a mild temp day for install.

Other than the throttle body rebuild, which I expect to have done soon my bike is completely up to date on all service, but I'd be happy to help others and I've got some tools (torque wrenches and a Morgan Carbtune in particular) that might be helpful that I'd be happy to bring. I have a tire changer here, but it's kind of hard to carry that on the bike. :)

And, I ride year-round so pretty much anytime is good with me.

How about something to dig through feet of snow?

Boxer powered snow plow/blower with maple sap gathering function?

Well Woodie I have the same problem here!! I need to stud my tires! Makes me want a GS. I like the Sap gathering idea :grin: :grin:

Hey Eddy I'm getting the itch!!

I'm game but I can't predict when the two feet of snow will be gone!!

You'll have to stay longer than last time!!

Sounds great! I have a major tune-up due. (50K) That means tank off and everything!

There is no more mournful a sight than to open one's garage door and see your faithful steed waiting; the dim green light of the battery tender glowing in the shadows. Can't wait for spring!

Yes he does

That would be great if you guys can come... as you said this winter is too long... we have ALOT of snow that needs to melt before I can hold a tech day. It was -15 last night so its not melting anytime soon either!!

The natives are getting restless.

Must be the smell of maple syrup fires, getting everyone stoked up for spring. :D

This bear's ready to come out of hybernation. Just seeing that green light on the tender is make me nuts!

Well you guys in CT will beat me by a few weeks at least!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Had a great time at the tech day last year. Would like to go again this year.

BTW - Went on my first ride of the year yesterday evening. Felt awesome!

Ben

Definitely wanna do it. Gotta farkle up the 1200 - Minuteman coming up, the Smokechasing tour, National down in PA this summer...gotta get ready. Probably have the HIDs installed before you can do this (new Ilium highway pegs last month - first month in the last 5 years I didn't ride) but I've got a bunch of misc electrical bits to do (panel mounted USB & SAE connectors, quick disconnect & rewiring the powerlet socket off the CANbus, etc) and I'm looking at adding an aux tank (TT - 3.5gal) so I should have plenty of interesting work to do on it. Or I can lend a wrench to anyone else playing on theirs.

Ok so as of today I can just start to see some bare ground... :clap:

I shoveled a path to the barn through about 16" of snow... :clap:

going to try and get the bike out for a ride either tomorrow or Saturday... :clap:

Looking at the end of April to host a tech day / weekend... either the 23rd or 30th... leaning toward the 30th.

Anyone in??

Feeling the bug over here too. Got out and rode last night. I would come over for a tech day in late April. Who knows what the weather will be like? My guess it will be wet and on the cooler side. See everyone soon.

Stephen,

Can you suggest a clean and simple nearby motel/hotel ? Motel 6, Holiday Inn Express, and the like? Both dates work for me.

That would require some schedule finagling for me. I will do my best to arrange that weekend off. Georgi and I hope to make it.

Sorry I can't make it in for this if as it seems it will be the 30th. As the same thing happened last year, Priors to a Chromehead tech weekend in Western NY --

Spin a wrench or bleed a brake in my honor.

There is the UN and the MOA rally! I'll be at both before the last horrah--- The GMR in VT.! Hope to see some of you at any of the venues

I probably will be in New England the week prior to the 30th. This could be a good excuse to hang out and fly back Sunday. :)

I probably will be in New England the week prior to the 30th. This could be a good excuse to hang out and fly back Sunday. :)

WAY COOL!!!

I've been following this thread for a while and the "when" seems settled; April 30. But I haven't seen anything about the "where."

sorry Karl... That requires the secret handshake :grin:

My address is 23 Reagan Rd., Canaan, NH

About 15 minutes from the VT/NH border.

Stephen

WAY COOL!!!

You would definitely win the award for farthest distance traveled :thumbsup:

Hope you can make it Tom would love to meet you finally... I'm about 2 hours from Logan/Boston

Archived