IGNORED

Are you tired of winter?

Kathy R

Cane Garden Bay, Tortola BVI

I escaped for a couple weeks to what seemed like another planet

I was happy to come home, but I AM going back next winter :)

All that warmth had me twisting my right wrist!

But I awoke this morning to 5" of snow in the driveway and at least a month or three of winter to go...

So, a new job & two weeks vacation? :/ Most of us little people have to work up to a year for that! ;) Looks beautiful Kathy, leaving for the Keys in four! :thumbsup:

Pat

So, a new job & two weeks vacation? :/ Most of us little people have to work up to a year for that! ;) Looks beautiful Kathy, leaving for the Keys in four! :thumbsup:

Pat

I've never been to the Keys, yet! I hope you have great weather.

I'm one of the teeny people who are self employed on a 6 month contract with no benefits...so I have to make adjustments :P

I have been sick of winter a month ago. Spent 2 weeks in Arizona during Christmas to get away from the snow and cold.

Its been a long winter here and no end in sight!!

But I awoke this morning to 5" of snow in the driveway and at least a month or three of winter to go...

Kathy,

I am looking forward to meeting you at the UN, but right now I am not happy with you. Posting a video like that to those of us who have not been able to get away from the cold, snowy weather, well it just wasn't nice.

Glad you had a good time, see you in August.

Kathy,

I am looking forward to meeting you at the UN, but right now I am not happy with you. Posting a video like that to those of us who have not been able to get away from the cold, snowy weather, well it just wasn't nice.

Glad you had a good time, see you in August.

Glenn, I guess I should have a disclaimer in the title....oh wait...

Shorts this weekend, temps pushing 80.

Took McGruff to a river and the coast for a lighthouse visit.

Planted 2 Japanese maples today.

Winter?

Bah humbug.

(Of course it was only a week ago I rode to work and it wass below freezing)

:wave:

Yes, I am tired of winter. I think I have always been tired of winter. Even before it starts.

I could not believe how cold it was here today. I was thinking of wearing my jacket ... but then forgot it. I was so cold.

I don't like cold. I'm thinking about Palm Springs in July.

dc

Got surprised by the weather yesterday (High of 53), but it was 65 on Saturday and 73 while out riding today. One of the few perks of my current employer is all federal holidays off.:smile:

Looks gorgeous.

I'm always singing the praises of winter. Love to ski, winter hike and sit by the fire. However, I'm typing this with my leg elevated because last week on our 3rd day skiing a snowboarder decided to ram into me while I was just standing on the lift line. 3 days skiing nuthin'. 2 minutes standing around and I blow out my knee.

So, I'm kinda looking forward to some warm weather as well. As Kathy said, I can use a visit to "another planet" right about now.

Honeymooned there in 2003. Tortola, but not Cane Garden Bay. I stayed on the other side. Did you get to the Bomba Shack full moon party? If you ever go back, check out little bay. We had the place to ourselves.

5463.jpg.1f3a81d97b156ce575ddacd5d5104bbe.jpg

The hard part about those long 2 weeks was the time away from my Dad and my favorite being - Nigel. He appreciates me SO MUCH now. :grin: The second hardest part was when my dental crown fell out :eek:

From this mornings walk to the lake...

1195343681_CcCx2-L.jpg

Honeymooned there in 2003. Tortola, but not Cane Garden Bay. I stayed on the other side. Did you get to the Bomba Shack full moon party? If you ever go back, check out little bay. We had the place to ourselves.

I had to beg off the Full Moon Party at the Bomba Shack as the next day was our departure. That place really is a shack. I wished I'd had time to just get photos of all the crazy stuff nailed onto the structure!

I love that shot you posted. I didn't make it up to Sage Mountain and that is a huge disappointment. Car availability was very tight while I was there and I could never get folks on the same page. I SO wanted to hike up there. NEXT year I will have a car reserved before I leave the states!

I saw 3 weddings on the beach at CGB. The island is a romantic place, no doubt! Congratulations to you both!

I have a few of the Bomba Shack. It was run down but in an island sort of way. Nice time.

I had to beg off the Full Moon Party at the Bomba Shack as the next day was our departure. That place really is a shack. I wished I'd had time to just get photos of all the crazy stuff nailed onto the structure!

I love that shot you posted. I didn't make it up to Sage Mountain and that is a huge disappointment. Car availability was very tight while I was there and I could never get folks on the same page. I SO wanted to hike up there. NEXT year I will have a car reserved before I leave the states!

I saw 3 weddings on the beach at CGB. The island is a romantic place, no doubt! Congratulations to you both!

Here we are at the "Shack".

5464.jpg.2428b67a95f5b25c83365757fb917426.jpg

Kathy

Spent some time bare boating a sailboat from Tortolla. We sailed from island to island with no particular schedule. Until the rental was ready we stayed at Brewer's Bay. We stayed at a home, but there is a rustic campground right there on the beach...just flat out AWESOME!

It was a shock for this American though to arrive at the airport, pick up the rental car and not too far to a roundabout...the right way in the BVI is wrong way around on the wrong side!

Larry,

The funny thing is that although they drive British they use American left-steering-wheeled cars! The climbing and diving hairpins coming up to Cane Garden Bay from West End (ferry drop from St Thomas) were hair raising and naturally I wished I was on two wheels. :grin: I think the biggest bike allowed is 250cc.

Even funnier, at the time and this has been quite awhile ago...they told us that sailing into the islands they drove on the wrong side of the ocean! Red, right, leaving. Would be interested to hear if that convention is now....er...conventional?

Riding a MC in a British environment when one is accustomed to driving on the right side can be hair-raising.

London, 1970. Velocette 350 Viper.

Stop at corner. Look to left. No traffic coming. Turn right into right lane directly into the oncoming herd!!!!

Eeegad! Off onto the sidewalk to save myself!

Lived on my sailboat in the Caribbean for a year and a half but never made it to the Virgins. Ain't the water jest amazin'? Never saw anything like it before or since.

Archived