IGNORED

Not quite enough from Honda?

TEWKS

My understanding is that prices on the pre-order K16s in the US may be subsidized by BMW, as are the US prices on the RRs.

Say what? Never heard that one... where did you get this info?

I spoke with a person at BMWNA about the K16 just this Wednesday.

I don't think BMW is in business to sell at a loss...

My understanding is they are subsidized by ROW sales. What people pay for RRs in Europe vs here is amazing.

Rest of world at a guess.

Not sure that subsidy theory is on the mark myself. While BMWs are much cheaper in the US than elsewhere, so are all of the other brands.

From what I can see, the relative differences in price are fairly close from country to country. I'd imagine the US pricing has more to do with the lack of tax component. Yes, before you all fly off the handle, your taxes in the US on purchases are generally vastly lower than the rest of the world.

Doesn't look much different than my 03 Wing. Its still going to be heavy and boring.

Yep, any motorcycle that's got a "reverse" gear is too much "car" for me.

Yes, before you all fly off the handle, your taxes in the US on purchases are generally vastly lower than the rest of the world.

Yes generally true, but the rest of the world doesn't have to worry about declaring bankruptcy or going homeless from medical bills.

Archived