IGNORED

Autocom speaker sound quality

johnlt

I have several 7 pin headsets for Autocom. One is new last year and I noticed the sound quality (base response) is not nearly as good as my older autocom speakers. They look the same and I can find no part numbers to see if they are different. Anyone else notice this?

They started using 8 ohm speakers in the new units as opposed to 32 ohm in the past. Are you saying you are using the newer speakers on the older autocom base unit? If so, does it put out more volume than with the older speakers?

They started using 8 ohm speakers in the new units as opposed to 32 ohm in the past. Are you saying you are using the newer speakers on the older autocom base unit? If so, does it put out more volume than with the older speakers?

The 8 ohm speakers are fitted into the Logic Units in order to obtain more volume from less battery power. The Super Pro still uses 32 ohm speakers. It is probably unwise to mix headsets.

I cannot comment on the bass response since I am no audiophile.

I had a brief talk to one of the engineers at Tecstar, who now own Autocom. I am in no doubt that they will continue to develop the product line.

The "newer" speakers I have are the 32 ohm speakers but have a much worse sound quality. Volume is about the samme, just the sound quality is different. I have installed "plugs" on the speakers and can swap different speakers and the older ones sound much much better. They look the same but their specs must be different.

Archived