IGNORED

Mini-stan bonding agent?

Dundee387

Anyone know a good bonding agent for a mini-stan that came apart. I have the beemer boneyard one, and went to unscrew it when the funnel came apart from the rubber seal it's bonded to..?

Thanks..

Anyone know a good bonding agent for a mini-stan that came apart. I have the beemer boneyard one, and went to unscrew it when the funnel came apart from the rubber seal it's bonded to..?

Thanks..

Yes JB Weld..

If you can remove the old adhesive, lightly sand the funnel so the JB has sumpin' to cling to.

And... Mine came apart too. Don't over tighten when installing. Just enough to not leak. When removing try to turn at the knurled fitting at the bottom until loose, not by twisting the clear funnel.

my '02

Dmilan

Did that, and it works perfect. I used the JB Kwik.. Cures in 4 hours. Back in business. Now just have to get my fluid level correct, and should be good to go.

Thanks..

I opted NOT to use ANY adhesive at all. I simply found an appropriately sized tapered neoprene plug (like a bottle cork) at the local industrial supply house, drilled an UNDERSIZED hole thru the center of it and forced the stem of the funnel into it until it JUST protruded from the bottom.

Voila, done deal! Seals perfectly and doesn't leak a drop once you sort of squirm the plug into the top of the reservoir.

Worked great on my 06 R12GS AND my 05 R12RT

Try it, you'll like it!

Archived