IGNORED

Handlebar mirrors on an 2004 1150RT

Rex R

I'm sure this has been covered on the boards, but I can't find the info. So I hope you'll all excuse the duplication. But...

What mirrors can I add to the handlebar mounts of my 04 1150RT?

Does anyone know the maximum thread size (diameter) and minimum stud length that will fit the mounting holes?

Thanks.

I'm sure this has been covered on the boards, but I can't find the info. So I hope you'll all excuse the duplication. But...

Does anyone know the maximum thread size (diameter) and minimum stud length that will fit the mounting holes?

Thanks.

The R/H mirror has the thread the other way round, if it helps :)

Like I said 51162307769 is the part number for the GS (amongst others).

This mirror fits BOTH the right AND left side applications. Just rotate the mirror head 180 degrees.

item 1 = 51162307769 = REAR VIEW MIRROR Qty 1= $69.93

item 2 = 51162309607 = WAVE WASHER qty 2 = $0.50

item 3 = 51162328287 = NUT - INBUSMUTTER M8 qty 2 = $7.98

R1150RS

K1200GT

R1100S

K1200RS

R1150R

R1150 R Rockster

R850R

Andy

thanks, guys. Now how about a follow up question, or two. Anyone know of rectangular mirrors that would fit (instead of the round GS mirrors)? Anyone add handlebar end-mount mirrors to these bikes??

Got mine used just a few weeks ago.You do have to be careful.With my winter shield (aroflow)on when handle bars are at their stops it does touch the shield.But I am sure once I transition to the stock shield it will be fine this summer.

There are some great shaped mirrors on some of the Hondas (Like the old NT650V - NOT the Deuville), they came in Black or chrome, but you'd have to make up relevant nuts to secure them, so I guess that is where it becomes hassle.

It is possible to add a mirror to the windshield up high so that it is always in easy view.

That way you would have electrical adjustable mirrors as well :)

It is possible to add a mirror to the windshield up high so that it is always in easy view.

.....and block your forward vision?

Seriously I think the vibration on the screen would make this a non starter.

Andy

Thanks.

The 2002 RS mirrors will also fit and they are sexier. I have the GS mirrors. By installing them, I pushed the fairing mirrors out to cover the blind spots. My rear view vision is amazing.

.....and block your forward vision?

Seriously I think the vibration on the screen would make this a non starter.

Andy

You are correct in that the vibration is bad but I have been doing it anyway because it covers the blind spot very well. So I get a blurred vision of someone coming up in my blind spot. Better than not seeing them at all.

Thanks.

The 2002 RS mirrors will also fit and they are sexier. I have the GS mirrors. By installing them, I pushed the fairing mirrors out to cover the blind spots. My rear view vision is amazing.

K12RS or R1150RS?

• 1 month later...

A quick followup:

I picked up the K12RS mirrors for my '02 R1150RT-P, the left side base indeed needs some modification to allow the high idle lever to work as discussed previously, the right mounts easily. The mirrors just barely touch the slightly wider aftermarket windshield at full turn. However I also installed the Moto Techniques barbacks from A&S that move the bars up and back about 1", and that solved the clearance problem.

Archived