IGNORED

Brewpub tour

jsmith

While I was in Oregon for the MOA rally last summer, I stumbled across the Deschutes Brewery and Brewpub. What a spot. Great beer...great food...great people. The perfect way to end the day. This got me to thinking about doing a brewpub tour, and this is where you come in. I'm looking for recommendations for small-mid sized towns, with a great brewpub, and ideally some good riding nearby. Since I live in the east, I'm probably restricted to east of the Mississippi. Any suggestions?

Jim

if you have a zumo GPS, or a GPS that accepts points of interest, join up at POI factory www.poi-factory.com and you can download their brewpub listings from around the country. I have one for boston I use a good bit when I'm there

If you head into Quebec, don't miss Au Dieu du ciel in Montreal or St-Jerome. If you venture further north the Trefle Noir in Rouyn-Noranda has a very good product.

Further east in New Brunswick, you'll find the Pumphouse brewery & brewpub in Moncton or in Nova Scotia; the Granite brewery in Halifax.

There are quite a few more to sample but these are a few that I can vouch for.

I haven't had very good luck with the poi-factory list - it seems to be out of date, which is understandable given how dynamic the industry is. And, IIRC, the majority of its locations are west of the Mississippi.

What works for me is to Google the states I'm passing through. For example, check out Vermont.

http://brewersvt.com/tours

The trick (for me, since I don't ride if I've had more than one pint) is to find a good beer place at the end of the day.

St. James Gate might be worth the ride. I had a great time when I visited there.

HTH

The trick (for me, since I don't ride if I've had more than one pint) is to find a good beer place at the end of the day.

Yeah, should of had my suggestion reversed. (common sense) ;)

The Adirondack inn is one block from the pub.

Pat

Archived