IGNORED

Wilbers shocks - superb service

Paul Mihalka

The Wilbers shocks on my R1200GS were overdue for service. I installed them 90K miles ago. The rear developed a leak at 20K that was repaired under warranty. Otherwise untouched. They were still working perfectly, but it was time to refresh them. Based on recommendations and promised turnaround time, I sent them out to Wheels en Wings - hermanusa.com. I sent them via UPS last week Wednesday. He received them Friday morning. He called me in the afternoon with a question, they were ready and in UPS hands the same Friday evening! I received them today. Turnaround roundtrip one week! Cost: $148 each plus $15 shipping. Doesn't get much better than that.

Paul,

Double ditto.

I took my GT down to Herman's to meet him.

It was a 600 mile round trip, but worth it.

A great product and I recommend the place too.

No affiliation.

Met Herman at Riding Into History, nice guy. He let a friend test ride a lowered GS you could easily flat foot. Going to visit him when I get 20 to 30K on my bike.

See ya at the BRR. Bill

Thanks for your post Paul. My 07RT is rapidly aproaching 20K and I have a feeling the stock shocks won't make the year. Wilbers lasting 90K is awsome. Good service is great news too.

The Wilbers shocks on my R1200GS were overdue for service. I installed them 90K miles ago. The rear developed a leak at 20K that was repaired under warranty. Otherwise untouched. They were still working perfectly, but it was time to refresh them. Based on recommendations and promised turnaround time, I sent them out to Wheels en Wings - hermanusa.com. I sent them via UPS last week Wednesday. He received them Friday morning. He called me in the afternoon with a question, they were ready and in UPS hands the same Friday evening! I received them today. Turnaround roundtrip one week! Cost: $148 each plus $15 shipping. Doesn't get much better than that.

Hermann did a great job on my shocks just over a year ago. I strongly recommend his work.

After reading the initial post in this thread, I have emailed Herman about shortening the side stand because of the 1'" shortened Wilbers I bought over the winter. He's responded to each email very quickly. Seems like a good place to do business!

Thanks for the feedback. I checked out his site and see no offerings for the R1150RT. This seems odd because it's such a potentially huge market - am I missing something?

Thanks for the feedback. I checked out his site and see no offerings for the R1150RT. This seems odd because it's such a potentially huge market - am I missing something?

I would suggest to call him.

Check here and here

Well, I pulled the "trigger" yesterday and ordered a set for my RT. I'd been planning on an upgrade and sometime in the next year but two things made me take the leap: Paul's feedback and the fact that I just discovered that my rear shock is leaking. There's no way I'm riding to the next Un on a loaded down bike with a leaking shock!

If anyone has had the WESA (Wilbers coupled to the OEM ESA adjusters) installed on their 12 RTs (yes, it's available also for RTs now, not just GS/GSA) , please post some feedback.

Archived