IGNORED

Broken metal tab on Sargent Seat.

bluesguitarboy

bluesguitarboy

I have a 2002 R1150rt. It has a two piece sargent seat. A metal tab locks the front down when the rear is in place. I broke this tab. Is there a fix or a replacement tab I can buy from sargent. Has anyone else had this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to post a picture but don't know how.

Anson.

That happened to me. They were great and sent me a new one. They tried to get me to send the seat to them to fix but I just had them send me the part and changed it out myself.

I had the same problem. Sargent has replaced this item with a cast metal tab. They asked for my seat, I sent it, they fixed it promptly with no charge.

bluesguitarboy

I called sargent and told them my problem. I talked to Antonia. I mentioned I bought the bike used and was the third owner. ( I believe the first owner bought the seat) She said send them the seat and they will fix it no charge. Now that's a great company.

Yeah that is a good company. I will NEVER buy a Corbin seat again!

I bought my RT with a Corbin heated seat front and rear. The seat was just set on the bike since it was a salvage bike. There was no connection wiring for it with the bike.

I contacted Corbin both by phone and by email and the end result was that if I was the original purchaser of the seat, and there was a heating element issue they would fix it.

I asked for even just a wiring diagram so i could assemble the needed parts on my own and they said NO. They would not sell me the parts like a wiring harness kit or even send me an email with the wiring diagram.

The good folk here helped me out and I fabricated my own harness out of a wire plug kit for a trickle charger and some weather pack connectors from my local Auto parts store.

Bad business practice in my opinion. I didn't even want anything for free, just wanted to buy the parts. My next seat will NOT be a Corbin. Maybe a Seargent or a custom.

Archived