IGNORED

Which windshield is warmer in the cccccooollddd weather?

johnhunter44

Looking for a windshield that will help keep me warmer in cold weather. I have a 2009 RT with stock windshield. I have been reading other postings here but looking between the ztechnik and the cee baileys. I am 5'9" tall. I came off an LT and the LT feels like its about 15 degrees warmer in the cold weather than the RT.

I don't think any windshield will make a LT out of a RT. The difference is mostly in fairing shape, size, aerodynamics. A larger shield on the RT will give a bit more protection to your arms, that's about it. What you need is a electric jacket, or if you already have one just turn it up a bit higher. A jacket and controller is about the same money as a windshield.

Go for the jacket. You can plug it into the outlet on newer RTs that have 10A outlet capability.

I've got a Z Techic that I like for cold weather- got enough extra width at shoulders and it goe high enough to send air mostly over the helmet while still being able to see over the screen.

BUT its no sub for that electric jacket when the temps go below 40. Wonder how I ever managed all winter in snow country when I was a kid and the things hadn't been invented- not that the old bike could have run it...

I already have the heated jacket liner and heated gloves, but I am trying to learn which windshield will give the best wind protection, which is more noticeable in the winter when its cold. Guess the way I figure it, the one that can keep most of the wind off me in the winter, but not put too much pressure on the windshield arms, will keep me from feeling the cold quite as much. I ride year round and don't want to hook up everything when I am just going to ride for a short time. I am looking seriously at the Cee Baily, Aeroflow, Cal Sci, and Ztechnik. May go with the Cal Sci. What say the board??

I had an Aeroflow that stopped more wind than any other shield I ever owned. In any position it allowed very little wind so in anything but real cold it did not flow enough for me. I could not use it as an only shield and swapped to a smaller shield in the spring.

Having said that, to your OP it could be the right ticket.

Archived