IGNORED

Glory Road exhibition opens in Tallahassee

tallman

If you are in North Florida before March 27th you might want to check out "Glory Roads" an exhibition at the FSU Museum of Fine Arts by Jim Roche, known as Dr. Curve, a world renowned artist, writer, and BMW afficianado.

Image_0.jpg

Jim Roche poses with his truck, Turbo Chicken. His “Glory Roads” exhibit featuring hand-drawn maps of his motorcycle journeys will be kicking off the Seven Days of Opening Nights series on Friday.

Turbo Chicken carried the "White Dog" to the La Carrera race in 1987.

White_Dog3-400x276.jpg

The White Dog averaged 107.9 for the race (numbers on side of truck) and hit 152.3 mph.

Dr. Curve may be the world's fastest artist.

:)

Going to the artist's presentation tonight, the 10th, and the formal Open House tomorrow.

See you there.

Last night an overflow crowd of several hundred were fortunate to see Jim's presentation, a chronological history of his work, complete with 368 slides, a unique sense of humor and social commentary.

I hope anyone who can attend during the next 7 weeks will enjoy his maps and if you're lucky, get to meet with him.

Best wishes.

Last night an overflow crowd of several hundred were fortunate to see Jim's presentation, a chronological history of his work, complete with 368 slides, a unique sense of humor and social commentary.

His stories in BMW ON when Sandy was editor were great. You just knew someone was gonna shut it down before too long, it was that dangerous. :)

He's out there and I love it, but he calls it like he sees it, so viewer discretion advised.

Whoo hoo, high octane!

Last night was Cracker Hollywood.

Johnathan Demme and Victor Nunez representing a segment of the entertainment genre and Jim being a representative of, well, his genre.

:P

So much energy in the crowd and on display.

I'm planning on many returns to try and get a chance to "see" the work more clearly.

Once you see the exhibit it will stay with you for a long time.

:wave:

Here is a link to a PDF file with more pics and info.

Warning, it is a big file, 43 pages.

It is also designed for Art teachers (one of many things I teach) so there are pages you would bypass.

But some great details of his 40+ year career with pics and stories.

Archived