IGNORED

Autocom Question

weld86

I couldn't find a thread with my issue. So here goes. I have a L-1 Autocom on my RT. The issue is, it doesn't work unless the rider and passenger leads are hooked to speakers. In other words. I the rider cannot hear an Ipod or radar det. without the passenger lead plugged in. I can't find anything in the instructions etc. Anybody got an idea. This doesn't make any sense because that unit is sold with only one headset.

I couldn't find a thread with my issue. So here goes. I have a L-1 Autocom on my RT. The issue is, it doesn't work unless the rider and passenger leads are hooked to speakers. In other words. I the rider cannot hear an Ipod or radar det. without the passenger lead plugged in. I can't find anything in the instructions etc. Anybody got an idea. This doesn't make any sense because that unit is sold with only one headset.

Is your unit being powered by a 9 volt battery instead of the bike's battery? If so, I believe the unit is turned on by plugging in the rider headset under this condition. Is it possible you are plugging into the passenger headset cable instead of the rider cable?

Bingo!!

I also plugged mine in the wrong one (passenger)

For some odd reason the long one is the drivers and the short one is the passengers. I guess if you trunk mount it it is ok , but then I need a super long 3.5mm cable extension to run GPS- radar detector mp3 sound back to the trunk. It is easier for me to just mount it in front ( tank bag or glove box).

It is bike powered. I have not had a chance to mess with it. Autocom UK got back to me very quickly. They said basically the same thing. They did say to disconnect everything and then reconnect. If the problem persisted. Send it back and they would check it out. I'll post results Thanks.

More Info. I'm using pre 2009 headset leads with an outlet for in ear speakers. When I attach a headset with speakers to the 7 pin connection. The in ear speaker port works. If not attached it goes quiet. I'm starting to think I cannot interchange pre 2009 parts with the new style.

AdirondackJack

You are right. If you want good information on this, search out Rocketmoto on this forum and he will be able to answer all of your questions and will most likely have any autocomm parts you need in stock.

You're fine so long as the headset has a 7-pin connection.

One cannot (should not?) use a non-LOGIC headset with a LOGIC hub as the LOGIC speakers are 8-ohm and everything else takes 32-ohm.

8-ohm speakers are easier to drive thus improving battery life when not bike powered.

Archived