IGNORED

2004 1150 RT Headlamp wireing ### PLEASE HELP URGENT

pickersgill1

2004 1150 RT Headlamp wireing ### PLEASE HELP URGENT

I removed headlight bulb few weeks before the bad weather to try to resolve ground issue, now need to use the bike on the road for tomorrow [Thursdady] as my cars gone in for repairs!

1) Looked in booklet it does not show where to connect the wire from the bulb, noticed little block on assembley near aperture, is that it?

2) Looking from handle bars got brown wire adrift on the right hand side of headlight aperture with right angled female connector, no idea where it goes.

3) Headlight does not work probably due to this wire adrift & blue main beam warning light illminated on dash & main beam not working?

HELP???? :dopeslap:

In BMW bikes, brown wire means ground.

PM me your email address, I can send you a wiring diagram for your bike, in case it helps ;)

Dan.

Hi if you look to the right of the main beam/ headlamp the brown wire faces downwards with 90 degree female connector, cannot see where it goes.

When I fiited the headlamp bulb I connected the wire from bulb to the little block to left of aperture.

As per Dan Cata, it is a ground wire just to the right of the main beam bulb, connected length of separate wire & headlamp/main beam works, just need to establish where it connects to?

No electrical connectors in tool box to use to run temporary ground wire & connect to this brown ground wire that's adrift. :S

Any idea's where this ground connects to then I can use the bike? :S

If the wire is brown, just touch it to the frame or a bare metal spot somewhere and see if things come on, if that works, then just find somewhere to connect it for now.

Hi

Managed to rig a flood light up to see what I was doing, run a temporary wire, connected it & lights all working fine, just cannot see where this wire connects. At least I can ride the bike to the office tomorrow & use it my car has been repaired, thanks for your help, I was getting frustrated plus cutting the back of my hands trying to work in confined space!

Hopefully someone will come up with an answer where it connects to & possibly an image.

Hi

I refitted the low beam headlight (bottom bulb -H3?), fitted wire from bulb to small block fitted to t side of lefheadlamp shell.

On right side of FULL beam bulb there are two brown wires running vertically, its one of the these with female connector that has come adrift, as much as I look into the confined space I cannot see where it connects to. I run a temporary wire from ground/earth to this wire and all lights working. Just need some help to know where it should connect to. :S

Archived