IGNORED

On Behalf of All Americans, I Apologize to the World . . .

Mike

Will all respect I doubt the world really cares.....and a billion people watching! Yeah right. Its not like itsa global phenomenen

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-02-05/us/super.bowl.viewers.profit_1_global-audience-super-bowl-european-championship?_s=PM:US

I would suggest the upcoming one day cricket world cup will attract more of a world wide audience and hardly anyone in the US will care or even know it is on :grin:

You silly Man!

It is, quite simply, the BEST IN THE WORLD game and EVERYONE watches it...

Funny, my professional music friends are all losing their minds over the butchering of it too!

U make me laugh. :rofl: Next time I am in town u better take me to a(n) (American) football game. Could have been worse.....even I can still remember Roseanne doing your National Anthem. NOW THAT WAS BAD! Best wishes

I heard not a single positive review from the 50 or so folks I watched the game with. I really hate it when singers try and cram as many notes as possible into the anthem. The black eyed peas show was strange, I guess I am too old to appreciate it, but the vocals didn't even sound like they were on key at points, especially from the woman.

The way I look at it is it is free publicity. Christina never would have made everybody happy with any kind of performance. She now is being talked about on obscure motorcycle boards and gets free publicity out of it. It wasn't my favorite rendition but I'm not going to loose sleep over it either.

Jim Cornelison sings for the Chicago Blackhawks, and performed the Anthem at the NFC Championship game, in which the hateful Packers beat the righteous and beloved Bears. For us Bears fans, the highlight of the game was Cornelison's stirring rendition of the National Anthem. It kind of went downhill after that.

He was great. It's the crowd that was an embarrassment yelling and screaming throughout the Anthem. Should have shown more respect.

My thoughts exactly. I watched both games that day and the Pittsburgh crowd was much more respectful during the National

Anthem. I couldn't believe how disrespectful the fans in Chicago were that day.

What, exactly, is disrespectful about cheering for the National Anthem of your country? It's not like they're booing, they're cheering for America and for being Americans. It's not church, it's not a funeral, it's a sporting event. There's cannons and fireworks going off and jet fighters flying overhead and cheering for your country is disrespectful?

I can't think of many things more G-dd-mn patriotic than shouting at the top of your lungs "My Country, America, YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

If you need to get the nasty taste out of your ears and brain after the desecration of our National Anthem....

May I humbly suggest

I've never heard cannons, fireworks or jet fighters flying overhead during the playing of the National Anthem at a sporting event. And if there are fighters overhead during the anthem, I imagine it's a matter of poor timing rather than design.

From 36 U.S.C. §171. Conduct during playing (of National Anthem)

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note.

Not binding, at least not for civilians, but certainly not unreasonable to ask of citizens.

What, exactly, is disrespectful about cheering for the National Anthem of your country? It's not like they're booing, they're cheering for America and for being Americans. It's not church, it's not a funeral, it's a sporting event. There's cannons and fireworks going off and jet fighters flying overhead and cheering for your country is disrespectful?

I can't think of many things more G-dd-mn patriotic than shouting at the top of your lungs "My Country, America, YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

First of all, in my opinion, the National Anthem is a sacred song (you didn't say it wasn't, but someone else did). To me it's sacred for what it represents. It represents all the people who came before us who made this country great, those who died to protect our freedom and those who continue to put themselves in harms way to protect the rights given to us by our Constitution. It's a time to listen to the words and sing them if you so desire, not to shout woohoo and yeahhhhhh. There's plenty of time for that at the end. There was a distinct difference in the behavior of the fans in the two games I watched that day and it made an impression on me.

I've never heard cannons, fireworks or jet fighters flying overhead during the playing of the National Anthem at a sporting event. And if there are fighters overhead during the anthem, I imagine it's a matter of poor timing rather than design.

Watch that video again.

From 36 U.S.C. §171. Conduct during playing (of National Anthem)

36 U.S.C. § 176:

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

alabama-nike-uniform-flagjpg-c40042208a528497_large.jpg

5161552626_9d8ac8b871_o.png

IVFGZCORHBKMBEY.20100430205423.jpg

Then there's this use of the flag.

Joe Frickin' Friday
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

alabama-nike-uniform-flagjpg-c40042208a528497_large.jpg

5161552626_9d8ac8b871_o.png

IVFGZCORHBKMBEY.20100430205423.jpg

OK, we're not supposed to use the flag (or a part of it) as a costume or athletic uniform.

But isn't that different from using the flag as a part of the uniform? Consider for example the Boy Scout uniform below.

5441.jpg.e7f58e0750cd19b7f706ba4d5eebb433.jpg

"Will all respect I doubt the world really cares.....and a billion people watching! Yeah right. Its not like itsa global phenomenen

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-02-05/us/super.bowl.viewers.profit_1_global-audience-super-bowl-european-championship?_s=PM:US

I would suggest the upcoming one day cricket world cup will attract more of a world wide audience and hardly anyone in the US will care or even know it is on"

The Super "what" , Janet Jackson probably titillated most interest in this event .

Through this thread I watched on Youtube the young lady singing the Anthem and felt it was more about her performance than the meaning of the anthem , very embarrasing and very sad.

Her poor performance probably increased the amount of people aware of the event so market analysts probably happy.

Shame the sporting component seems to take second place.

Archived