IGNORED

R1100RT Headlight Bulb Spring Gone!

A Collins

I just bought a '99 R1100RT, love the thing! The guy said he just changed the headlight bulb but never put the boot back on so I decided to do it. Come to find out, he had put some silicone on the bulb and stuck it in the light. I read up on this and realize there is supposed to be a spring clip that holds the blub in place. Anyone know of a fix without buying a complete headlight assy?

I've seen similar springs in cars, specifically my mid-ninety's Mazda Protege. I'd prowl around an automotive scrap yard, pull a couple and bend them to size.

Some better auto parts store may carry a generic spring possibly made by a company called "Dorman" or a few other aftermarket non oem companies.

Anyone know of a fix without buying a complete headlight assy?

Check with Beemerboneyard.com and/or The Parts Haus in Long Beach, CA (562) 590-4851.

I've got one I'll send you for the cot of shipping. It is in the headlight of the '98 I am parting out. I sent the whole unit to a guy who claimed to have a broken lens. A few days later he claimed the one I sent was broken in shipping so I arranged for UPS to pick that one up and refunded his money with the hopes of UPS paying a claim. They (and the buyer) claimed insufficient packaging on my part; I don't buy it. The headlight he packaged and sent back was a differnt one than the one I sent him. I know because the little white plastic flip-tab on the adjustment knob was in tact on the one I sent and the one he sent back was broken. and there was some white lettering on the one I got back but not on the back of the one I sent. Oh well I guess he got a free headlight and I got -- well; you know what I got.

Either way, you can have that spring for shipping costs. PM me your mailing address and tell how much or which shipping method you want to go with and I'll make it happen.

Negative feed back on that deal crusin. Cool of you to help out a fellow memeber. Shame on the scammer guy, NOT cool. I'm sure that guy is a no wave kind of guy.... :)

flying_monkey

I was actually thinking that the proper reward for the scammer would be to actually use his name, and reveal this skunk to the world. I'm safe, it wasn't me. :-)

Ed

Archived