IGNORED

RT falling video

7seas10

Joe Frickin' Friday

I gather there's a video in there somewhere - but not speaking a lick of Spanish, I'm at a loss to find it. :confused: got a direct link to the vid?

This was particularly enlightening. Did you notice how the mirror broke in both cases but the panniers were only scratched when on the bike! Heck, I know that from first hand experience. It was reaffirming to sere it from the passerby perspective.

Joe Frickin' Friday
This was particularly enlightening. Did you notice how the mirror broke in both cases but the panniers were only scratched when on the bike! Heck, I know that from first hand experience. It was reaffirming to sere it from the passerby perspective.

Although the mirror did pop loose, I don't know that it actually broke. Maybe popping loose is an intended part of the design for this reason...

I dropped my 1200 at 0 MPH at a gas station once.

Mirror popped off, but the adjustment socket underneath broke, so had to replace black plastic piece anyways.

My 1100 with bags reacted similarly to the video in a 35MPH crash. I lost traction coming out of a freeway cloverleaf and lowsided, but the bike came all the way over until the mirror hit then bounced back with the tires once again contacting the ground, resulting in a highside ejection of both my wife and myself. I found out that day I am not the most elegant of flyers. :dopeslap:

maybe he means this one...

Thank you hop for adding the link, I apologize ,I did not realize that one has to be registered to see the video in the Spanish web.

See you

Damian

Ayer a las 23:42 La visualización Multimedia y los Enlaces, sólo son visibles para los usuarios registrados. Necesitas o

buscando información acerca de unas defensas traseras para mi rt, me he encontrado con esto. os lo dejo por si le sirve a alguien.

espejo, cilindro, estribera conductor y maleta ó escape, según el caso.

aunque cada situación es distinta, evidentemente, hay que tener en cuenta que es una caida en parado y que no lleva ni velocidad ni arrastrón.

+1 (I think)

Jay

I had white duct tape holding my mirrors on the 1100RT-P after successfully duplicating the video. The bits that hold the mirror on got pushed back in, very soft mount. I used a puller to bring them proud again to get the 3 points to attach the mirror.

When I got re ended 2 weeks after picking my RT up a lot more damage was done then what the video showed. Exhaust Can, valve covers, bar end including the bag, mounts and mirror. I have been lucky so far in I have not drooped it myself. Can't say that about all the others except my LT. Thank the powers that be.

Archived