IGNORED

A life lived, a dog loved...

Huzband

Six years ago this month, God blessed Laura Lee & I with the adoption of then two year old Farley through G.R.E.A.T Rescue. Yesterday at 5 pm, He took him back. We weren't home from work yet, & a neighbor was playing with him in the front yard. Everything was fine, Farley was running around, then flopped on his back & started scrubbing in the grass. Roger said, "then he just stopped". Just that quick, our beloved pup was gone.

Farley was such a huge part of our daily lives, & I don't think we realized just how much so till last night. Virtually every thing we did or planned revolved around him...

Be it a tough day at work with me...

111170825_oUA4c-L.jpg

Enjoying a trip to his favorite place, Anna Ruby Falls...

111170648_khtTY-L.jpg

111170632_jxYCW-L.jpg

Or just enjoying a chompy stick while watching squirrels forage in the snow in the N. Ga. mountains...

111170741_X94Pe-L.jpg

He was so full of life, we've never known a happier dog.

111170697_xLAth-L.jpg

I could post more pictures, but I'd better quit while can still see to type. I told Matt last night that whenever I see a post like this, I hurt for the grieving owner, but I'm thankful that it won't be me for many years to come. So much for assumptions.

Laura Lee & I know that everything is in Gods timing, & He has a purpose for it all. But this is far beyond our comprehension right now.

Love your pet every day as if it were the last. Excuse me, I have to go now.

452461651_M5ykh-L.jpg

I feel your loss. I’m sure your know about the Rainbow Bridge, but here is something else that a friend sent me two year's ago after Beatle passed away:

I will be with you every day, not with my

body, which is of no importance, but

with my soul that lasts forever.

When a pet we love passes away, our

grief is often unbearable. Like an overflowing

river, we are sometime overcome

with feelings of loss and loneliness.

The light of love that exists between us

and the pet we have lost, shines forever

brightly in the memories we treasure

deep within our heart.

With time, there is healing and then

love remains.

Sorry to read this.

We can't ever replace a dog but if we are lucky we can bring a new one into the family when the time is right.

Best wishes.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

You have my sympathies. They become an integral part of our lives and, until you can change the context of your day to day living, the passing is very difficult.

I lost my 13 1/2 year old lab several months ago...suddenly. I though I would be prepared but naturally wasn't.

The quickly formed plan was to cremate and spread the ashes on the front lawn where he was perfectly happy to spend the day watching the world go by. My father in law passed a month or so later and probably loved that dog more than we. We put his ashes in with him.

My sympathy . . . really. We lost our first golden retriever unexpectedly, though he was a little older than Farley. I found it to be a painful loss.

Goldens really are amazing dogs, showering their families with an unending supply of love. And, it hurts when they're gone. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that rescuing Farley gave him a fantastic six years, allowing him to fulfill his need to have a loving family.

The other day my son and I were just sitting around the house and he was petting our dog. My son said, "I wish people were this nice." I laughed but his comment made me sad.

Sorry for your loss.

I'm crying right along with you both. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I love your photographs of Farley and hope you feel up to posting more. I just know he had the best dog life ever.

Found this the other day. It sure rings true to me.

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

(Anatole France )

What a beautiful, bright looking boy. How lucky he was to have been loved by you guys. I'm so sorry for the big empty place in your hearts. May it slowly fill with wonderful memories that bring joy.

I am very sorry to hear this. When I go to work, sitting at

the piano, my dogs are with me and I play for them. Im sorry

for you and your best friend but you will always be together.

Love your pet every day

We do and you always will. It's a hard loss to comprehend from those who have never enjoy the companionship of a pet but understood completely from those who have.

Jerry Johnston

Sure sorry for your loss. It's almost as bad to hear of someone losing a pet they loved as losing your own. They're so much company it leaves a huge hole.

Sounds like Farley had a heart attack.

After a long night of not much sleep, & a very difficult day of making arrangements, your kind words are so appreciated.

Thank you.

Been off the map for a few days.... Sorry for the news of your loss. I have not had the pleasure of having a dog since I was young. They are your pal forever. My the the good thoughts remain

Farley was a damn fine companion Danny and you two did a great job by making his life as happy as he made yours.

We'll all miss him and are here when you need us.

Laura Lee & I know that everything is in Gods timing, & He has a purpose for it all. But this is far beyond our comprehension right now.

Yeah, there's no explaining things like this. It just hurts :cry:

Thanks for the reminder, I'm gonna go find Scout...

Jay

Danny, very sorry to hear about Farley, what a great dog he was.

Try to get out for a ride if you can, probably will help some.

Having had a pleasure of actually getting to meet and play with that fine beast I know you couldn't have asked for better!

So very sorry for the pain and my heartfelt condolences to all of Y'all.

Farley...What can I say...I will miss the times you showed up with your dad at my shop...I will miss the times I was met by you at the front door and as if by magic all of the sudden you were behind me...I will miss the go fetch games...I won't miss the scratches on my truck door but will miss your goodbyes...

Most of all I will miss seeing the love that your mom and dad (Danny and LL) showed each time they looked at you and spoke to you...

Just remember you big ole furry dog.....You were loved and will be remembered...

Danny...Matt and I are here for you guys....

Please excuse me if I dote on Lance a while next time I see him. He was, after all, The Far's bestest friend.

Please do.

:cry:

Hey Huzband,

I so feel your pain. There's nothing to compare with losing 'man's best friend'. Still the most painful thing I've gone through. Dogs are so amazing and fill such a void in our lives.

There is a potter in central Oregon that takes dog hair and incorporates it into the glaze of her pots, if you're interested.

Best,

~J

Danny, any speculation as to what took Farley's life? Was he in seemingly perfect health? Sudden death is unusual in such a young, well-cared-for dog. A ruptured aneurism perhaps? :S

Jay

i am so sorry, i lost my two dogs last year...one was 15 the other was 6..cried like a baby...getting another pup right away will help...again so very sorry

John_Hendriksen

THE BEST PLACE TO BURY A DOG

There is one best place to bury a dog.

If you bury him in this spot, he will

come to you when you call - come to you

over the grim, dim frontier of death,

and down the well-remembered path,

and to your side again.

And though you call a dozen living

dogs to heel, they shall not growl at

him, nor resent his coming,

for he belongs there.

People may scoff at you, who see

no lightest blade of grass bent by his

footfall, who hear no whimper, people

who may never really have had a dog.

Smile at them, for you shall know

something that is hidden from them,

and which is well worth the knowing.

The one best place to bury a good

dog is in the heart of his master.

--- Ben Hur Lampman ---

from the Portland Oregonian Sept. 11, 1925

(Leslie: from the guy who bought Marty's other silver RT, you do have a way with words.)

Danny:

I always cringe when I see posts like this. We lost our Lexie almost three years ago. The pain for me is still very real. She was around 13 people years old when she passed. The neighbors who walk the neighborhood, who all loved her too, still stop and ask about her.

There's nothing like the love of a loyal, happy dog. I suspect Farley feels the same towards you.

Tom

Danny caddyshack Noonan
The one best place to bury a good

dog is in the heart of his master.

What a touching poem. How germane the words that it has stood the test of time.

It seems the healing has begun. Still the occasional bout with emotions, but today has been better than the last few.

Thanks again for your kind words, here & in PM form.

Oh, in case you're interested, the Vet was confident it was a heart attack. We're about as okay with that as we could be. We had a good conversation yesterday with the neighbor that was playing with Farley at the time. He said the whole thing lasted less that forty five seconds, so our pup didn't suffer. And Roger, the neighbor, is doing okay. We were concerned about his frame of mind, because we know that had to be a great shock. We made sure he knows he did nothing wrong. In fact, he was so kind, he wrapped Farley in a blanket & carried him to our back deck so we wouldn't see him when we drove up. No small task, as Farley went a solid 92 lbs. Roger's been a good neighbor for ten years, but I didn't know he was this good. And then there's Pam, our neighbor on the other side. She actually tried to revive Farley with mouth to mouth through his snoot. She grew up on a farm, so I guess it was natural for her. When I spoke to her yesterday, she acted like that was no big deal. She was just sorry it didn't help.

They're awesome people, & so are you. Thanks again. I close with a parting shot of our baby's.

112585888_Aj4ex-L.jpg

I am sorry to read this. It does appear that was one lucky dog to have "found" your family. I lost my rescue a few years ago and a small patch of her fur is still my wallet. They never go away.

I do love the pictures where the dog seems to smile. That was one happy dog!

Archived