IGNORED

bought an ipad

taters

got an ipad yesterday..what a great toy!!!! i have the iphone but i wanted a bigger screen...i couldn't be happier...i am signing up for i-daily....the first digital newspaper..$36 a year...incredible buy...the picture is crystal clear...im gonna download an ebook today and see if i like it..love that it holds a charge for hours how long ? don't know yet. tell her you want one for valentines day....

Joe Frickin' Friday
got an ipad yesterday..what a great toy!!!! i have the iphone but i wanted a bigger screen...i couldn't be happier...

I think you'll get tired of holding it up to your ear after a while...

:grin:

Keep us posted on your feelings about the ebook download. I'm on the fence right now on weather I should buy either an iPad or Nook/Kindle for reading. I do like the LCD of the Color Nook and iPad and I know it's bad for my eyes but I'm not sure if I will like the weight of either of these opposed to the lighter noncolor nook and kindle.

i am signing up for i-daily....the first digital newspaper

Huh????????? :S

If it's the first sold through Apple, that makes it THE first.

My wife got an iPad last August, but I steal it regularly when I head to the "that" coffee shop chain for lunch. Great for reading a bunch of newspapers, checking e-mail and generally accessing the internet. Steve Jobs' decision not to run Flash can be a PITA sometimes. That said, I use it so much that for my birthday in December she gave me an IOU for the next generation iPad (supposedly coming in April). My wife is a voracious reader and bought the iPad to see how well it worked as an e-book reader when on the road. I think the jury's still out on that, as you do notice the weight after a while. I think a lighter dedicated e-reader has some distinct advantages. As for Rupert Murdoch's The Daily, I'll be interested to see what the editorial content is like. If it's anything like some of his other holdings, I won't be buying it.

My employer recently gave us a choice of annual safety rewards:

Ipad or a Kanuk winter coat.

I chose the coat, not because I needed one but because I needed the Ipad even less.

I'll stick to mini-PC, which has it's own keyboard, descent speakers, better screen resolution, stands up on it's own and has approximately 10x storage capacity. And no bowing down to Lord Apple for I-this & I-that.

Now that I have the coat, I really like it though.

I have both an Ipad and a Kindle. I like the Kindle better for reading (though I wish it had a light) because of the weight and the side buttons.

The Ipad is used by our whole clan and I always find new uses for it.

Kaisr

I'm hooked on mine too. Some of my favorite apps:

Words with Friends - free

Kindle - free , some books are free

Netflix - free if you already subscribe

Virtuoso - free piano

Drop box - free

Teamviewer - free - control your home pc remotely

Car and Driver - free - great app!

IBooks - free - download and store your manuals in pdf format

Bible - free

Goomifier - free - makes pictures warped - funny

Sudoku Tablet - free

You gettin' the picture here? most of my favorite apps are free

Air video - $3.00 I think - watch movies from my home system anywhere I have WiFi

USA Today - free

ESPN Scorecenter XL - free

Have fun!

As for Rupert Murdoch's The Daily, I'll be interested to see what the editorial content is like. If it's anything like some of his other holdings, I won't be buying it.

Right in the middle of the Tahrir Square demonstrations yesterday, FNN decided that the rollout of their new iPad magazine was the more important story. Gotta have priorities.

And no bowing down to Lord Apple for I-this & I-that.

Instead you can bow down to Lords Gates and Ballmer.

As for Rupert Murdoch's The Daily, I'll be interested to see what the editorial content is like. If it's anything like some of his other holdings, I won't be buying it.

Right in the middle of the Tahrir Square demonstrations yesterday, FNN decided that the rollout of their new iPad magazine was the more important story. Gotta have priorities.

Actually, it was ready a couple weeks ago. Old Steve decided it should be held the same day as the Honeycomb announcement.

And no bowing down to Lord Apple for I-this & I-that.

Instead you can bow down to Lords Gates and Ballmer.

Bill should demand a cut of anything purchased from the iTunes store using a PC running Windows.

Or do you think the concept of irony is beyond Jobs' grasp?

Keep us posted on your feelings about the ebook download. I'm on the fence right now on weather I should buy either an iPad or Nook/Kindle for reading. I do like the LCD of the Color Nook and iPad and I know it's bad for my eyes but I'm not sure if I will like the weight of either of these opposed to the lighter noncolor nook and kindle.

I spend hours every day looking at computer displays, so I'm curious, why are these devices bad for your eyes?

I have no problem reading. I only read my book

At night laying in bed. I just prop it up on a pillow. I use the night time mode.

I love apple products I switched over last year to a Mac

An iPhone a few months ago and now the iPad.

My only gripe is steve jobs won't allow flash. Why I dont know

Pretty aggravating at times

My only gripe is steve jobs won't allow flash. Why I dont know

Pretty aggravating at times

Said reason is because of drain on battery life... your 9-12 hours of life would drain rather quickly... Jobs and Apple has for years gone after Adobe to fix Flash and it's processor hogging performance. They dragged their heels, so it's out on the iPhone and iPad. That is why they are pushing HTML5 (along with other companies) as it's web replacement, a much nicer implementation... to see it in action, visit Apple's slightly retweaked site to see it in action.

BTW, I have had my iPad from day 1 and love it. It does what it's advertised for doing. Great device.

Archived