IGNORED

Indicator Switch

roundy

So a while back my right hand indicator switch gave up and I managed to get it back to life but now the left hand one has gone and after spending a good half hour on it last night it's dead. (even had the micro-switch apart and fettled it). Does anyone know where in the UK you can buy the micro switches from? I think I remember seeing a post about it??

Also, since taking the cluster apart my horn button is sticking....as I found out this morning on the M4 :-D

Sorry, I have never seen the switch in question. If you can get some pictures and some dimensions I may be able to help.

Andy

That link just sends me to a generic search page, so I searched on the number following 'sku' and that linked to this switch. If that looks like yours £3:60 + P&P + VAT seems cheap for a BMW part.

The switch I linked to is a push-to-make and is waterproof, which is what I would expect for the application.

Andy

Thats the one, the rubber boot comes off and you have to remove a little PCB but it fits perfectly according to the thread I found... Seems CPC and RS used to do a better one (no fettling required) but they stopped stocking them. Anyway, much cheaper than buying the whole module!!

So fitted one of the switches, not pretty but it works....if it saves me spending out on a console for a bit longer I am happy! Although now my horn switch is sticking :-( Seems the red button isn't springing back?

Archived