IGNORED

(Folsom) 6K service on '07 RT - Anyone want to Help?

ryan_a1982

Hello,

I got all the oils and stuff to perform the 6k service on my bike. I am not too savvy on the mechanical side and wouldn't mind a little supervision.

I live in Folsom, CA. I don't really have room for a Tech day to support a ton of people and bikes because I live in a condo and have a single car garage, but I would love to meet some people and learn how to get the tupperware off safely and tip's and tricks for the valve adjustment etc.

I'll supply beer, coffee, espresso, cocktails, snacks, etc... ;)

I'm thinking this coming up Saturday (5th)

Thanks

-Ryan

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Ryan

I can come over there or you can come up here. I've got a 3 car with a just a TR6 in the way. Your choice. Don't know about Saturday yet....might take a college viewing trip with the male offspring unit.

You should do it at least once with the factory tools just to realize which tools you want to buy for the road!

Hey ryan its Bill got to check with wife make sure nothing happen saturday i think it clear and would come give you a hand just pm or call with address Enjoy the ride

Hi Ryan. You will go a long way toward helping yourself by getting the jvb DVD, the haynes r1200 book for your year, and the equipment/tools necessary for the job/s, if you don't already have them. A little bit of an investment to be sure.

Guys, I need the 12K done on my RT. Can you swing by my place after? Northern Illinois is kind of on your way. I need help with the valve check and final drive fluid change.

Allow extra time to get here, the blizzard has all the highways shut down right now.

Yes, but there is much less traffic so they should make great time.

:lurk:

Thanks for the responses and the offers to help. I am really excited to meet you guys.

How does noon sound? Miguel may not be able to make it until 4, but I figured if any of you other guys have work on your bikes to do that we can take turns with our bikes in the garage. I think only one can fit at a time, maybe two, it just may be a bit tight.

Phil if you are getting off duty early and need some time to kill before noon maybe we could get some breakfast at Early Toast in Folsom. My wife and I

have been wanting to check that place out.

Peter it would be great to use your garage but I would feel like a bum since I have made an open invitation to people and have asked for help. I would hate to have the party at your place if you weren't up to it.

Again, thanks for the help and I can't wait to meet you guys and learn how to 'rench on the beemer.

I will PM you with my address and phone number.

-Ryan

Phil, 9 am at Early Toast works for me. My wife and I will meet you. We'll be the ones on the Harley Ultraglide with the fringed chaps. Can't miss us.

...just Kidding

Can I just come up and watch? I have a friends that lives in Folsom and I could ride up friday maybe.Than meet U guys for BK at Early Toast as the only place he take me is Karen's.

Sure come on up! I hear early toast is good. My wife and I haven't had it yet. Karens does have good baked goods, your friend must be pretty in tuned with good pastries.

-Ryan

Too bad its this weekend. I am in folsom too, but I am taking the RT out for a weekend of camping this weekend. For the future, I have a pneumatic motorcycle table lift in the garage and a full set of tools, mostly all catered to working on BMW's.

PS: I hate to be the spoiler, but Early toast isnt that great IMO.

cali_beemer,

We should meet up and go for a ride some time. I guess there are quite a few around the area that are on this forum. I am pretty new to motorcycles (within the last couple of years), so I can use some help when it comes to the tech side of things and some people to ride with.

I think I am going to join River City Beemers.

So I see U have got into camping.So where are U off too? I sure like my 1200RT compared to the Honda ST.

Bob

Too bad its this weekend. I am in folsom too, but I am taking the RT out for a weekend of camping this weekend. For the future, I have a pneumatic motorcycle table lift in the garage and a full set of tools, mostly all catered to working on BMW's.

PS: I hate to be the spoiler, but Early toast isnt that great IMO.

cali_beemer,

We should meet up and go for a ride some time. I guess there are quite a few around the area that are on this forum. I am pretty new to motorcycles (within the last couple of years), so I can use some help when it comes to the tech side of things and some people to ride with.

I think I am going to join River City Beemers.

The River City beemers have a wednesday night dinner ride. It leaves at 6:30 from the coffee republic in Folsom. I am there most of the time. No need to be a member in order to go to the dinner ride. Lately we have stayed local with the cold and dark time of the year but we have been known to ride 45+min to dinner in the spring through fall. PM if you want to know more.

So I see U have got into camping.So where are U off too? I sure like my 1200RT compared to the Honda ST.

Bob

]

Going up along the coast, glad you like the RT. The ST was a dissapointment for me.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Phil,

I have it on excellent authority that Ryan is something of a Barista! Maybe he will grace us with a taste.

I'll bring the Folgers instant just in case he doesn't have any. :rofl:

Peter,

I appreciate your offer to help and everything, so please just do me one favor and leave the Folgers at home :thumbsup: . I will have plenty of tea, coffee (french press) and espresso options available. I even have soy milk for non-dairy lattes/cappuccinos if necessary.

Nice work gents! When I left at 4, sorry my daughter needed me, things were well on their way. Nothing but fluids left to do.

Great meeting and hanging with everyone. I really needed that! Looking forward to Sharing more time with everyone connected with curvy roads!

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Ryan, you're well on your way to being a wrench and, soon a cognoscenti of Boxers. It was a pleasure helping to start with your contamination, er, education.

Nice meeting Bill, Phil and Miguel!

The Sierra Multi Pass day can't be all that far away!

I can't say thanks enough to you guys that helped me out! :clap: I really learned a lot and the bike is running nice and smooth!

Phil, Peter, Bill and Miguel, I really appreciate you guys taking time out of your schedules to learn me a thing or two. I can't wait to go on some rides with you guys and learn a few things about how to ride through the twisties! Like Peter said, I have about a good 5mm of side wall that needs to get used up!

The bike in a naked state but it is all back together now!

Have a great Sunday,

-Ryan

Glad to help ryan and it was great meeting peter and phill and see miguel again. I also picked up a couple of new tricks thanks to phil . As for your 5mm lets wear it out !! enjoy the ride

• 2 weeks later...

I need to start checking in more frequently. I wished I had known about this, would have made it - can't miss a chance to do the final drive change. :-)

Hopefully see everyone some random Wednesday in folsom.

Ryan - I met you at Trader Joes a few months ago. Glad you're enjoying and learning about your RT.

-Mitch

Archived