IGNORED

Fuel filter R&R(2004 RT) question.

StevenM

The crimp style clamps for the 2 vent lines on the inside of the tank look a little different than others. to remove those clamps, do you just pry them open, or is there some other way to loosen them so the vent lines can be removed to allow the pump/filter assembly to be removed from the tank? Are these clamps reusable for the vent lines or do you replace them with new clamps? Thanks for any help on this.

They're called Oetiker clamps. Sometimes you can slide the hoses off without removing the clamps. If you can, great. If you can't, you have to pry them off or cut them and throw them away. You can replace them with identical clamps, but you'll also need to buy a special tool to crimp them. Or you can use small fuel injection clamps (NOT regular hose clamps), as I've done, but you may have to mess around a bit with the screw positioning to make it all fit.

I couldn't find screw type fuel injection clamps small enough to fit. I bought the crimping tool and found some small clamps. You can also lineman's wire cutters (the type that has the jaws on the end) to crimp them.

Thanks Bill. When I bought the filter from the dealer I was told that I needed to replace the o-ring for the assembly and needed new clamps for the filter, which I purchased at that time. Was not thinking about the vent lines.

Archived