IGNORED

Switched 12v Power on 1200RT?

Stomp

I'm looking to add a USB socket and some LED lights to my RT-P and I don't have any sort of manual or wiring diagram. The RT-P has a crap load of extra wiring, but I'm looking for switched 12V power that can source ~1.5A. That should be plenty for my needs.

Can anyone provide a picture or link to the wiring diagram for a 2006 R1200RT? Police edition wiring schematic gets you a gold star!

Thanks!

Front/rear accessory sockets are switched, and should be good for considerably more than 1.5A.

Huh, I hadn't thought about using those as I thought they were fused for a lower draw. I've read that there's a connector for the GPS unit (mine does not have one) that I could use. Just need to figure out which of the many unattached connectors that I've got will work. DMM time....

Stomp:

I have a pdf of the rt-p wiring but it is 945kb in size. Can you handle it? PM me at bobmorris@spro.net

Bob

I got your email with the attachments, Bob. Thanks!

Joe Frickin' Friday
Front/rear accessory sockets are switched, and should be good for considerably more than 1.5A.

Huh, I hadn't thought about using those as I thought they were fused for a lower draw.

To find out the fuse rating, check the manual, or contact your dealer. The outlets provide enough current to run an electric vest, so it's probably at least a 5 or 7.5-amp fuse.

Alternative: install an Eastern Beaver PC-8 aux fuse panel, and use the accessory socket to provide switching for the relay that powers the fuse panel directly from the battery. Those circuits can provide up to 15A.

Archived