IGNORED

Organized purchase of BMW parts

R80RTKen

It seems that this site does not allow us to talk about or plan an organized purchase of motorcycle parts. I do not wish to violate this policy, literally or in sprit. I am not interested in debating this policy, however misguided * it may appear to be. If there is interest in a group purchase of any part for our BMW Sport Touring motorcycles I would be happy to originate a discussion on either the Yankee Beemers, or the Ocean State BMW club board and we can see where it goes. "Buy in Bulk and save". If its Airhead parts, there is Airheads.org.

I also encourage anyone locally to attend a YB Breakfast or an Ocean State BMW dinner, and discuss this in person. The YB's have nearly 500 members and close to 100 show up for the breakfast with regularity. Id be willing to open any forum prohibited parts discussion in person over bacon and eggs.

It is my opinion that beauty of internet forums is the ability for geographically disparate parties with common interest to act in concert.

**Moderators please accept my apologies for what may seem like a rebellious tone, I am simply trying to achieve a specific goal without violating any BMWRT.com policy. Im not trying to stir the pot. :-)

Kenneth,

No worries... if you were referring to the Ohlins group buy, I may be able to help you out as I am friends with some of the head honchos at Ohlins' North American headquarters in Hendersonville, NC... I may be able to get you in touch with them and you can maybe work something out. As to how to gauge interest, I am not sure how you would go about that and not post it in the main topics here. Perhaps in the Classified section would be best. PM me and I will give the names of my contacts at Ohlins.

Chris

...I am not interested in debating this policy, however misguided *..

I could understand your point better if you didn't make disparaging remarks such as that. You presume too much, sir.

...I am not interested in debating this policy, however misguided *..

I could understand your point better if you didn't make disparaging remarks such as that. You presume too much, sir.

Kathy,

I carefully chose the word misguided as a non-disparaging remark. Ive been reading and posting to the board for a decade, and I have nothing negative to say. However, tactfully voicing opinion about utility of the forum should not be considered derisive, negative, or otherwise less than flattering. This is a nice place to post, and there's no need to mess it up with flame wars..

What is it that I could further clarify?

I see you are close by, from NY, Come to one of the local club events. Are you a YB?

:-)

Ken

Kenneth,

No worries... if you were referring to the Ohlins group buy, I may be able to help you out as I am friends with some of the head honchos at Ohlins' North American headquarters in Hendersonville, NC... I may be able to get you in touch with them and you can maybe work something out. As to how to gauge interest, I am not sure how you would go about that and not post it in the main topics here. Perhaps in the Classified section would be best. PM me and I will give the names of my contacts at Ohlins.

Chris

Save here.

Kenneth,

Chris

Kenneth, Wherever you end up going with the Ohlins group buy, let me know, I want in. scottwilson143 at gmail.com

Chris, really nice offer to try and help make a connection with Ohlins... thanks!

Francois_Dumas

If you want a 'European contact' (I ordered and shipped parts to the US BMWST'ers before) then drop me a note.

Scott,

Don't know if you followed my link, but that is what I was able to set up with Ohlins, not technically a group buy, but if you act before the 19th, you get 15% Off any Ohlins shock. Check out the details below:

I have arranged to get this news out for my local dealer to help out all BMW owners with their desire for Ohlins shocks.... whatever year and model of BMW, if Ohlins makes a shock for your bike, you can get 15% off the retail price if you order before February 19, 2011. You must contact Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC to take part in this offer. Give Melissa Sloboda in Parts at 864-232-2269 or email her at melissa@touringsportbmw.com to get details on how to go about the ordering process. You don't have to be local to Touring Sport to take part in this deal.

I can personally vouch for Melissa and Touring Sport as I work with them on all my needs for my RT. And I have no vested interest in this as I already have Ohlins on my RT and love them. I am just passing this info onto you guys. So, if you are interested in this, just contact her at the above contact info, and not me as I am just the messenger to this board. Pass on this information to your Beemer riding friends if you want.

Thanks!

Chris Parker

Archived