IGNORED

Michelin Anakee Tires

pilotvic

I am getting ready to take delivery of a new R1200GS Adv that my lovely wife purchased for me for Christmas. I found out that it is equipped with Michelin Anakee tires. I have really not heard much about these tires. Are they any good for pavement as well as hard packed fire roads, etc?

They are about as good as you can get. I prolly have close to 100,000 miles on em. The new Anakee 2s seem to be a bit better in the rain.

Enjoy your new bike!!!!

L

They are about as good as you can get. I prolly have close to 100,000 miles on em. The new Anakee 2s seem to be a bit better in the rain.

Enjoy your new bike!!!!

L

If that's not a type-O; I'm gonna have to look into a set of these for each bike. It'll likely be the last set/s I ever buy.

"I prolly have close to 100,000 miles on em." I would guess that is adding up a few sets. The Anakee II is my first choice for my R1200GS.

Enjoy your new bike!!!!

L

If that's not a type-O; I'm gonna have to look into a set of these for each bike. It'll likely be the last set/s I ever buy.

Not a typo just bad wording. I have used Anakees on both my GSA and my KTM exclusively. The GSA has over 50K and the KTM has over 40K. I don't know how many sets I have gone through.

I had them on my R1200 GS Adventure and did not like them. They wore out in less than 5K miles (I'm not a particularly aggressive rider). I got around 10k on Tourances but they probably arn't as good in the dirt. I like the Heidenau K60s for the dirt:

706680254_p8zjV-L.jpg

They last about double the TKC-80s.

Enjoy your new bike!!!!

L

Not a typo just bad wording. I have used Anakees on both my GSA and my KTM exclusively. The GSA has over 50K and the KTM has over 40K. I don't know how many sets I have gone through.

:dopeslap: I sort of figured that but at 1:40 in the morning, I forgot to put a smiley face in; boy I hate trying to make sense (of my stuff or someone else's) when I'm not sleeping well. :dopeslap: :dopeslap:

Back on the tires issue; I have similar experience with the Metzler ME880s. I have accumulated almost 425K miles on them counting fronts and rears on three different bikes now.

In response to:

Poster: pilotvic

Subject: Re: Michelin Anakee Tires

I am getting ready to take delivery of a new R1200GS Adv that my lovely wife purchased for me for Christmas. I found out that it is equipped with Michelin Anakee tires. I have really not heard much about these tires. Are they any good for pavement as well as hard packed fire roads, etc?

Your wife bought you a new R1200GS?? Where did you find this wonderful woman??

In response to:

Poster: pilotvic

Subject: Re: Michelin Anakee Tires

Your wife bought you a new R1200GS?? Where did you find this wonderful woman??

no kidding! I just skipped right over that point. We need to have your (pilotvic) wife travel around the country giving speeches to other wives about gift giving. It would be really nice to see a silver 1600GTL majically appear in the stable in a few years right around my 60th B-day. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had them on my R1200 GS Adventure and did not like them. They wore out in less than 5K miles (I'm not a particularly aggressive rider). I got around 10k on Tourances but they probably arn't as good in the dirt. I like the Heidenau K60s for the dirt:

706680254_p8zjV-L.jpg

They last about double the TKC-80s.

My 1200 GSA came with Tourances......they were not very sticky and awful in the rain. I remember pulling out to pass a car and the rear wheel spinning while the bike slowed down. I have been thinking about the Conti Attack Trails. ?????

I ran the Conti Trail Attacks on my GS Adventure and LOVED them! Fantastic handling, excellent on the hard pack, and 7000 miles on them which has to be tempered with some good ole Utah Sweeper Madness, et al. thrown in to rip some rubber off them.

I am also a huge fan of Heidenau as I am currently running them on my F800GS. I'm over 9000 miles so far on this set and they have about another 1000 miles or so. They are currently next to impossible to get as the factory did a pretty significant revamp, redesign. Word has it that they will be back mid March.

Had the Anakee 2s on my 06 GS and LOVED them. More grip than the Tourance, wet or dry, quieter, smoother and about the same total miles. 11K rear and 14K front.

Doesn't get any better IMO.

I am at around 7K on my rear Trail Attack with some ways to go; however, I have not liked them since around 4K. They started with some weird sensations at lower speeds like the tires were slipping or hopping in turns, and has gotten worse, to the point I am ordering something else tomorrow, after todays ride. Prior to 4K miles, I thought they were great! Dunno whats causing this anomaly and wish it wasn't happening, as I was getting fond of them...

Archived