IGNORED

East Coast/Gettysburg Ride

Rinkydink

This June my brother and I are planning a ride through the Smokeys and on to the Myrtle Beach area. From there up the east coast and eventually to Gettysburg. We'll of course do the Gap and Cherahola again and I figure I should at least stop by Bob's BMW in Jessup and see the business I gave so much $$$$ to :wave: while rebuilding my /6. Thinking about riding through West Virginia/Kentucky on the return trip.

Any suggestions of must see/do areas along the east coast and the return trip would be greatly appreciated.

From Myrtle Beach going North take the ferries to the NC Outerbanks, check out the Wright Brothers first flight location, from Norfolk/Virginia Beach take the bridge-tunnel to MD Eastern Shore and continue to Annapolis/Baltimore. Bob's BMW is a worthwhile visit. I know. I helped build it...

Thanks Paul. I was looking at maybe picking up Hwy 70/12N at Morehead City to Cedar Island. Take the ferry to Ocracoke and ride through Hatteras and then 12N to Kitty Hawk. Lots of lighthouses etc. on that route.

Yup, that's exactly what I did this past December going South to the BMW gathering in Savannah GA. Nice ride. There isn't much for riding between there and the Blue Ridge.

I sound like a broken record with this one but, just up the road from Gettysburg is the Harley Factory in York. If you've never been there it's worth the time, I enjoyed it.

WV... The TOD! (Tunnel of death) If you find it, take off the sunglasses it's dark in there!

Pat

Archived