IGNORED

Who needs a 1600

Skywagon

ShovelStrokeEd

Considering the proliferation of mega-scooters, at least in my neck of the woods, it should do well. Price point will probably be at the top of the heap but I don't see that as much of a deterrent. It hasn't stopped anyone here.

Ewww... I have seen so much MORNONIC\DANGEROUS driving behavior displayed by scooter DRIVERS that I have little respect for them. In WI you don't need a seperate license endorsement to drive scooters and it seems they are VERY popular with the "Granola crunching," college crowd around madison. I was driving through downtown a few months ago in truck and the way they were zipping in and out of traffic I am amazed that I didn't run any of them over. Sorry rant ended.

Gosh I was going for the 1600gt, but with this....

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=5417&filename=newbikes.jpg

NIce, but take off the horse blinder from the sides of the headlight, then they can give me this motor scooter :)

I ain't paying for one.... :)

Ewww... In WI you don't need a seperate license endorsement to drive scooters and it seems they are VERY popular with the "Granola crunching," college crowd around madison. I was driving through downtown a few months ago in truck and the way they were zipping in and out of traffic I am amazed that I didn't run any of them over. Sorry rant ended.

Just to clarify about not needing a MC license for a scooter in WI, you do need one if it can travel over 30mph. Only mopeds or scooters of 50cc or less that cannot travel over 30mph on flat level ground with a 150lb rider can avoid requiring a MC license for the rider.

I would guess you are talking about one of the college towns like Madison!

Same as the law in Cali. No licence endorsement needed on 50cc or less. And if you modify it to go fasster even at 50cc you need an M1 endorsement.

But dang that thing is gastly. :P

Apparently, instead of having mirrors, it has two color LCD panels and two cameras looking back. But I'll wait until they come out with the one that hovers.

Honda can't give their maxi-scooters away here - I bought one for about 60% of list for my wife. I wonder if there is a market for these in N. America.

My wife's Silverwing scooter was heavier and had a longer wheelbase then the r1100r that she is riding now. She hated it because of its weird handling characteristics at slow speeds and lack of a clutch.

Why won't they work on a semi-enclosed C1-ish scooter for America?! I was lusting after a 250+ cc version of that and the possibility of not requiring a helmet if you strap in (yeah, the DOT might never go for that but the Euros did).

BMW C1 executive gives new meaning to FUGLY.

Not surprised it is rare.

These "rare" vehicles should stay where they belong ---> in Europe; along with those Smart4two cars. I can't stand those stubby nosed, rolling coffin, glorified golf carts. :eek::mad:

NOW it is clear to me that BMW and UGLY goes hand in hand.

Why the beak like front fender? It is not a dirt bike!!

an other example: the GS it has a regular fender to protect from elements and it has a huge beak above it. Originally I wanted GS but could not stand its ugliness and fathom the logic and the "WHY" BMW did that. This has to be some kind of backwards thinking ideocracy that just refuse to goaway. The new 1600 and the S1000 is OK in my book.

Sorry, I had to vent.

NOW it is clear to me that BMW and UGLY goes hand in hand.

Why the beak like front fender? It is not a dirt bike!!

an other example: the GS it has a regular fender to protect from elements and it has a huge beak above it. Originally I wanted GS but could not stand its ugliness and fathom the logic and the "WHY" BMW did that. This has to be some kind of backwards thinking ideocracy that just refuse to goaway. The new 1600 and the S1000 is OK in my book.

Sorry, I had to vent.

Possible reason for the beak. Not my invention, I've read about it. The GS is a very tall bike with terrible aerodynamics, with a windshield, and a (big?) guy sitting straight up. A lot of wind pressure high up. At high speed (120mph?) a tendency to lift the front wheel. The beak is a spoiler that generates a downward force. At the same time it directs air to the oil cooler. Makes sense to me.

Possible reason for the beak. Not my invention, I've read about it. The GS is a very tall bike with terrible aerodynamics, with a windshield, and a (big?) guy sitting straight up. A lot of wind pressure high up. At high speed (120mph?) a tendency to lift the front wheel. The beak is a spoiler that generates a downward force. At the same time it directs air to the oil cooler. Makes sense to me.

NO way, no how!

1) if you are going 120mph you don't need to channel anymore air to the oilcooler. And if you are off road/sand you want the front wheel up anyway :)

2) GS and aerodynamic must not be used in the same sentence.

3) I give up...( :wave: ) The last time I argued with a youngster about having a trunk mounted rear spoiler not helping on a front-wheel-drive dodge neon almost ended up in a fight. :)

PS: but I do like the new 1600GT

If you are doing 120mph in the sand on a GS, I WANNA ride with you!

Hey btw, where did the guy get the spoiler for the Neon, I want one...Pep Boys is out of stock.

:grin:

NO way, no how!

1) if you are going 120mph you don't need to channel anymore air to the oilcooler. And if you are off road/sand you want the front wheel up anyway :)

2) GS and aerodynamic must not be used in the same sentence.

3) I give up...( :wave: ) The last time I argued with a youngster about having a trunk mounted rear spoiler not helping on a front-wheel-drive dodge neon almost ended up in a fight. :)

PS: but I do like the new 1600GT

OK. 1) if you are going 120mph you don't need more air to the cooler but you do need downforce. Part of the GS design is to be a good high speed tourer. If you are off road/sand you do need more air to the cooler.

2) I agree with you, but you can still use air blast in your favor.

3) I fully agree with you. I am not going to argue with a youngster... :grin:

PS Better than a spoiler on the trunk of a front wheel drive car, I've seen snow chains on the rear wheels only of the same car... :)

The mega scooter concept makes no sense to me. Why not just ride a bike? That being said, I just bought a 50 cc scooter to do errands around the neighborhood. It's tiny, light, easy to park, etc. After owning it for a week I can't believe everyone doesn't have one. It's a hoot to ride, it's super-convenient, and it gets 100 mpg.

The mega scooter concept makes no sense to me. Why not just ride a bike? That being said, I just bought a 50 cc scooter to do errands around the neighborhood. It's tiny, light, easy to park, etc. After owning it for a week I can't believe everyone doesn't have one. It's a hoot to ride, it's super-convenient, and it gets 100 mpg.

I want to ride it Jim!

I want to ride it Jim!

Sure. Swing by sometime. You need one too! I'm not sure you could control the awesome power. It's kinda like a Hayabusa, but faster.

Archived