IGNORED

New Helmet

CruisinCruzan

CruisinCruzan

After having cervical spine surgery this past fall I decided that after fit I wanted as light a helmet as I could get and still feel protected. Went to the MC show in NYC and tried on the Nexx XR1R and it felt so comfortable I treated myself to the full carbon version. I could not believe how light it is. As I live in the land of eternal winter (by Syracuse, NY) it will be some time before I actually ride with it but so far looks and feels like a winner. Show was crowded but fun.

CruisinCruzan

C6/C7 foraminotomies to release a crushed nerve and relieve pain that had completely overwhelmed my life. Woke up from surgery pain free and the tingling has gone and life is back to normal. I hope to never experience something like that again. BTW Steve I see that the UnRally is in your back yard, will you be going?

I have always been a Shoei guy myself, but after reading an online review on that Nexx, I'm definitely going to check them out.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention and good luck with your further recovery.

CruisinCruzan

Just as a reference spdyjr, the helmet I am replacing is a large RF-1000. I needed the XL NEXX but as you read I can do a bit of tweaking with the included pads.

pedro cerveza

I use an Akuma Stealth. I read about on Web Bike world. It is incredibly light at around 3 pounds. The fit and liner are not up to Shoei standards But I find it quieter than my X-11, flows about as much air and the tranitions visor is da bomb. Customer service could be better but you gets what you pays for. Mine was $400.00 with tax.

Archived