IGNORED

Can someone identify this windshield?

w2ge

Pics of my new bike. Still has to be shipped to my house ;-( (Coming from Texas)

2010' loaded cept' radio. Stock windshield is coming with it, but can't identify this one on it. And do you know any reason why he would switch to this one.. what are it's advantages (if any)? Haven't had a chance to ask the owner, it was on consignment as he is getting the S1000RR. (Only 2,140 miles bought in August)

windshield.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

TIA!, Phil

Phil,

That is a California Scientific windshield and I have one on my RT. I like mine very much. I find that it is much quieter than the original screen and I experience much less wind buffeting, just like they advertise. Naturally if you are getting the stock screen too I would encourage you to compare. Changing the windscreen on an RT isn't too much of a chore. Here is the link for Cal-Sci. Nice bike, good luck with it. Don

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/R1200RTprod.html

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Phil

One thing to be aware of is that the larger windshields remove direct airflow from the front of the body but, can tend to create a low pressure area behind the rider. If your jacket is not well insulated in back, you can get a chill from that.

Angle of the shield also moves that pressure area forward and back. YMMV.

Yep, looks just like the Cal-Sci I put on my '11. It is a bit wider than stock and just a bit taller as well. I also think it looks better than the stock screen. With the screen adjusted all the way up I do get some back pressure but not much. Normal position for me is a bit less tha full up. Clean, quiet airflow and no buffeting at all. Enjoy your new bike, it's a beauty

Thanks Guys.. I had never heard of that company, I looked at Ztechnik, Cee-Bailey, Aeroflow and couldn't find it.

Nice.. looking forward to giving it a try.

The Calsci screens come in different heights. That looks like a large. I bought the same bike used (7,000mi ) and had it shipped by Keyboard from FL to VA. AT 6' 1.5" and 34" inseam I found the stock screen to offer good protection and no buffeting but still had a lot of wind noise over the top of the helmet. I ordered a large Calsci screen to see if I could cut the wind noise down without any other compromises except perhaps a few MPG's. Good luck with the bike. Set the ESA to one rider no luggage and comfort or normal ride. It's a tall bike with a large gas tank and strong front brakes. Emphasis the rear break at first while you get used to the handling under breaking. Have fun. I am.

Mark

Troy....I also have a 2011 RT and was thinking of that shield....advise?

I love it. The Cal-Sci Large is only slightly taller than the stock shield; when all the way up I am looking through it (I'm 6' w/31" inseam). It is wider and very quiet to ride behind. Nice people also. I'm local to their shop so I rode down there and they were willing to let me try each of the sizes on a test ride. Finished off with a short tour of the facility. Highly recommended.

The Calsci screens come in different heights. That looks like a large. I bought the same bike used (7,000mi ) and had it shipped by Keyboard from FL to VA. AT 6' 1.5" and 34" inseam I found the stock screen to offer good protection and no buffeting but still had a lot of wind noise over the top of the helmet. I ordered a large Calsci screen to see if I could cut the wind noise down without any other compromises except perhaps a few MPG's. Good luck with the bike. Set the ESA to one rider no luggage and comfort or normal ride. It's a tall bike with a large gas tank and strong front brakes. Emphasis the rear break at first while you get used to the handling under breaking. Have fun. I am.

Mark

Eye, THanks for the tips. I, too am having Keyboard ship my bike.

@Barry, Hey neighbor! ;-)

Archived