IGNORED

January 2006 Death Valley Ride "Excited Chatter" and route planning thread

graydude

Planned ride for the Ride Planning

For the newbies and DVD virgins, I'm planning to lead a loop through DV at a pace that motor homes will have to go around us. There is so much beauty to see in the area I want to be able to concentrate on the scenery instead of LEO's and correct lines. So if you're interested in a scenic voyage thru the park at somewhat less of a pace than the hooners (you know who you are) stay in touch. It will be an all day ride with plenty of photo ops and potty breaks.

I posted that I am IN with three additional folks earlier (I think). thumbsup.gif Ken R and his Dad from Park City and another guy from Las Vegas. Thats 4 total. We have made reservations for Friday and Saturday nights.

smile.gif

Dang it!! I'm sorry for all the omissions, folks! Let me try it again: dopeslap.gif

So far I've got the following confirmed attendees:

Phil "pdegnan" and Carole (2) (Dry Town Crew: Temecula, CA)

Jamie "KMG_365" and Leslie "Les_is_more" (2) (Dry Town Crew: San Diego, CA)

Greg "flyingreg" (Bakersfield, CA)

Joe "JoeG" (San Francisco, CA)

Todd "graydude" (Honarary Dry Town Crew: Temecula, CA)

George "George_LT" and Joan (2) (Lone Pine, CA)

Bill "Tank" (Brookings, OR)

"Stan Walker" and Jan (2) (Simi Valley, CA, but wishing they were in Colorado! tongue.gif )

Nancy "gottago" and Gary (2) (San Clemente, CA)

Tom "SNC 1923" (Bakersfield, CA)

"ArizonaAl" (Mesa, AZ) (the earplug dude!)

Richard "BeniciaRT" (Benicia, CA--SF Bay area)

"chrisolson" and Cindy (2) (Avondale, AZ)

Howard "PhillyFlash" (aka El Presidente! grin.gif Scottsdale, AZ)

Roburt "sidetoside" and Kristin (Woodside, CA--SF Bay area)

Nathan "FreightGuy" (Roseville, CA)

Paul "worn_out_shox" and Wendy (2) (Lancaster, CA) (Hi, Paul!! grin.gif )

Mat "becmat" (and no Becca? bncry.gif ) (Susanville, CA)

"Bill Walker" (Dry Town Crew: San Diego, CA)

Bob "1st Shirt" and Sun-joo (2) (Sierra Vista, AZ)

Mike "MikesToy" and friends (4) (Las Vegas, AZ) (Dude, I was SURE I'd included you--SO sorry! dopeslap.gif )

"Steve Reinig" (Marysville, WA) (if the weather cooperates! eek.gif )

Bill "A-Red Bill" (Yakima, WA) (if the weather cooperates! eek.gif )

That's 34 total! thumbsup.gif

On the fence: smirk.gif

"Mike O" (and Bernie?? smile.gif ) (2?) (Mile High Crew: Westminster, CO)

"Joel" and Heidi . . . and Team Schnauzer! (2+2) (Mile High Crew: Fort Collins, CO)

Bob "Killer" (Torrey, UT)

Mark "bigmak" (Jefferson and Vader, OR) (the awesome tank bag guy!)

"Gleno" clap.gif (and Terri? thumbsup.gif ) (2?) (Boulder City, NV)

"DouglasR" (Lander, WY) (c'mon, Doug! You know you can figure out a way! thumbsup.gif

RickP (Silver Spring, MD) (Hah!! You've been outed! Now you HAVE to go!! thumbsup.gif )

Still missing in action: frown.gif

Jonathan "Chiconurse" (Chico, CA)

"BruceLaQuinta" (La Quinta, CA)

Tom "boney" (Sonoma, CA)

Stan "stanf" (Dry Town Crew: Encinitas, CA)

"Dennis Andress" (Riverside, CA)

Rodger "Signman" and Sue (2?) (Dry Town Crew: Ramona, CA)

"David Adair" and Mike Disney (2) (Mile High Crew: Boulder, CO)

"BarryBeemer" (and mystery wife, Della? grin.gif ) (2) (Puyallup, WA)

Jack "1MPH" (Phoenix, AZ)

Russ "RCS" (Somewhere in AZ)

Charlie "Cheechoo" and Kathie (2) (San Francisco Bay area, CA)

Eric "ericfoerster" (Abilene, TX)

"Marty Hill" (Atlanta, GA)

Steve "steve404" (Monterey, CA)

Robert "southerncarider" (Bakersfield, CA)

Steven "BMWRTnewbie" (Sacramento, CA)

"JohnK" (Alta Loma, CA)

"BrianT" (and Meghan?) (2) (Long Beach, CA)

"Jonathan Multhaup" (San Francisco Bay area, CA)

"russell_bynum" and Lisa "90%_angel" (2) (Dry Town Crew?: grin.gif Wildomar, CA)

Cameron "bmweerman" (and Patti? thumbsup.gif ) (2) (Bakersfield, CA)

Adam "Patience" (Denver, CO)

Harold (Rim Riders in AZ)

Denny "Tool" (and Kris? smile.gif ) (2?) (Dry Town Crew, Bonita, CA)

Larry "LJVillani" (and Marianne? smile.gif ) (2?) (Dry Town Crew: San Diego, CA)

Tom "Tom Rice" (Salem, OR)

"Ian 408" (Silicon Valley, CA)

David "Pigdog" (Down-Under Crew: Cairns, Queensland, Australia) (Dude!! You asked for it!! thumbsup.gif )

Brian and Don (friends of Tom "SNC 1923" and "flyingreg" from Bakersfield, CA)

Don (I don't remember your handle or location and you don't post too much, but we had a hell of a time in 2004, and I've got pics to prove it!! grin.gif )

STILL CALLING OUT ALL THE NEWBIES!!! grin.gif

So basically, if you've ridden in Dry Town with any of the Dry Town Crew you're at least an honorary member! grin.gif

And if you live in Dry Town you're already a member! (Yeah, I know. Not really a very exclusive club is it?? dopeslap.gifgrin.gif )

Phil, congrats on the new bike!! Sorry I can't join you, but I'm working the 12th. Have fun and enjoy the new bike! thumbsup.gif

Todd, thanks for offering to lead the "smell the roses" tour!! You're right, there's so much to see! And I guess you'd better be good for awhile! Besides, we all know what to buy you for Christmas-- a V-1!! grin.gif

Errors and Omissions excepted . . . . eek.gif

Corrections and additions . . . gladly accepted! grin.gif

Any other folks thinking about joining us or any more "Crew" affiliations I've missed? grin.gif

Any other folks thinking about joining us or any more "Crew" affiliations I've missed? grin.gif

Newb reporting for duty, sir!!! (pending a certain kitchen pass.) Looks like a good excuse for a getaway and the timing is better for me than the village idiots' gathering. When would you think is the drop dead date on lodging?

Add me to the "on the fence" list.

Trying to work out my schedule and how much time off I will have next year. I figure since my oldest is now 9, that its's about time I take them to see Mickey so I will be taking a week off in March to take the family to Disneyland.

I should know in the next week or two. If hotel is booked up before I can make a decision, hopefully, someone will have some floor space for me. thumbsup.gif

Hope to make it...

Newb reporting for duty, sir!!! (pending a certain kitchen pass.)

Welcome, eskimo! (and don't call me "sir", I work for a living! grin.gif )

When would you think is the drop dead date on lodging?

Boy, I've no idea and that's a hard one to call. confused.gif

It looks like the rooms are about half gone, but we've got more space than previously, we're still two months out from the ride and five+ weeks from the cut-off for the group rate. Since we've never done this location before it's hard to say what the final numbers will be and how many of the surrendered rooms might still be available the week before the actual ride. We had about 40 rooms at DVD/MLK/Beatty last year (and we've got 59 guaranteed rooms this year--at least until the 10th), but there was no easy camping/RV'ing option like this year. If you can't commit early enough to secure a room, you can still keep an eye out here to grab someone's room at the last minute if they're forced to cancel late for some reason.

Other last-minute options: post here looking for a roomie (you don't snore, do you? grin.gif ), or bring a tent and save $45-50 a night on lodging!

Hey 1st Shirt!! Don't forget about the camping option if money is tight! $5.00 a night with all the amenities right nearby is a killer deal! thumbsup.gif

Okay, here's the latest: (this is more work than I thought! dopeslap.gif )

Confirmed attendees:

Phil "pdegnan" and Carole (2) (Dry Town Crew: Temecula, CA)

Jamie "KMG_365" and Leslie "Les_is_more" (2) (Dry Town Crew: San Diego, CA)

Greg "flyingreg" (Bakersfield, CA)

Joe "JoeG" (San Francisco, CA)

Todd "graydude" (Honarary Dry Town Crew: Temecula, CA)

George "George_LT" and Joan (2) (Lone Pine, CA)

Bill "Tank" (Brookings, OR)

"Stan Walker" and Jan (2) (Simi Valley, CA, but wishing they were in Colorado! tongue.gif )

Nancy "gottago" and Gary (2) (San Clemente, CA)

Tom "SNC 1923" (Bakersfield, CA)

"ArizonaAl" (Mesa, AZ) (the earplug dude!)

Harold (Rim Riders: Somewhere in AZ)

Richard "BeniciaRT" (Benicia, CA--SF Bay area)

"chrisolson" and Cindy (2) (Avondale, AZ)

Howard "PhillyFlash" (aka El Presidente! grin.gif Scottsdale, AZ)

Roburt "sidetoside" and Kristin (Woodside, CA--SF Bay area)

Nathan "FreightGuy" (Roseville, CA)

Paul "worn_out_shox" and Wendy (2) (Lancaster, CA) (Hi, Paul!! grin.gif )

Mat "becmat" (and no Becca? bncry.gif ) (Susanville, CA)

"Bill Walker" (Dry Town Crew: San Diego, CA)

Bob "1st Shirt" and Sun-joo (2) (Sierra Vista, AZ)

Mike "MikesToy" and friends (4) (Las Vegas, AZ) (Dude, I was SURE I'd included you--SO sorry! dopeslap.gif )

"Steve Reinig" (Marysville, WA) (if the weather cooperates! eek.gif )

Bill "A-Red Bill" (Yakima, WA) (if the weather cooperates! eek.gif )

"eskimo" (Livin' in a van "down by the river", AZ! grin.gif )

That's 36 total! thumbsup.gif

On the fence: smirk.gif

"Mike O" (and Bernie?? smile.gif ) (2?) (Mile High Crew: Westminster, CO)

"Joel" and Heidi . . . and Team Schnauzer! (2+2) (Mile High Crew: Fort Collins, CO)

Bob "Killer" (Torrey, UT)

Mark "bigmak" (Jefferson and Vader, OR) (the awesome tank bag guy!)

"Gleno" clap.gif (and Terri? thumbsup.gif ) (2?) (Boulder City, NV)

"DouglasR" (Lander, WY) (c'mon, Doug! You know you can figure out a way! thumbsup.gif

RickP (Silver Spring, MD) (Hah!! You've been outed! Now you HAVE to go!! thumbsup.gif )

"andy" (Salt Lake City, UT)

Bill "RT4Me" and Donna (2) (Sacramento, CA) (Sorry, dude! With my feeble brain and the tumult around here lately, I can't possibly remember everybody! And as far as the "liver" thing . . . . grin.gif )

Still missing in action: frown.gif

Jonathan "Chiconurse" (Chico, CA)

"BruceLaQuinta" (La Quinta, CA)

Tom "boney" (Sonoma, CA)

Stan "stanf" (Dry Town Crew: Encinitas, CA)

"Dennis Andress" (Riverside, CA)

Rodger "Signman" and Sue (2?) (Dry Town Crew: Ramona, CA)

"David Adair" and Mike Disney (2) (Mile High Crew: Boulder, CO)

"BarryBeemer" (and mystery wife, Della? grin.gif ) (2) (Puyallup, WA)

Jack "1MPH" (Phoenix, AZ)

Russ "RCS" (Somewhere in AZ)

Charlie "Cheechoo" and Kathie (2) (San Francisco Bay area, CA)

Eric "ericfoerster" (Abilene, TX)

"Marty Hill" (Atlanta, GA)

Steve "steve404" (Monterey, CA)

Robert "southerncarider" (Bakersfield, CA)

Steven "BMWRTnewbie" (Sacramento, CA)

"JohnK" (Alta Loma, CA)

"BrianT" (and Meghan?) (2) (Long Beach, CA)

"Jonathan Multhaup" (San Francisco Bay area, CA)

"russell_bynum" and Lisa "90%_angel" (2) (Dry Town Crew?: grin.gif Wildomar, CA)

Cameron "bmweerman" (and Patti? thumbsup.gif ) (2) (Bakersfield, CA)

Adam "Patience" (Denver, CO)

Denny "Tool" (and Kris? smile.gif ) (2?) (Dry Town Crew, Bonita, CA)

Larry "LJVillani" (and Marianne? smile.gif ) (2?) (Dry Town Crew: San Diego, CA)

Tom "Tom Rice" (Salem, OR)

"Ian 408" (Silicon Valley, CA)

David "Pigdog" (Down-Under Crew: Cairns, Queensland, Australia) (Dude!! You asked for it!! thumbsup.gif )

Brian and Don (friends of Tom "SNC 1923" and "flyingreg" from Bakersfield, CA)

Don (I don't remember your handle or location and you don't post too much, but we had a hell of a time in 2004, and I've got pics to prove it!! grin.gif )

Errors and Omissions excepted . . . . eek.gif

Corrections and additions . . . gladly accepted! grin.gif

For the newbies and DVD virgins, I'm planning to lead a loop through DV at a pace that motor homes will have to go around us. There is so much beauty to see in the area I want to be able to concentrate on the scenery instead of LEO's and correct lines. So if you're interested in a scenic voyage thru the park at somewhat less of a pace than the hooners (you know who you are) stay in touch. It will be an all day ride with plenty of photo ops and potty breaks.

I'm sure I'll be in your group Todd grin.gifgrin.gif I'll bring my "I have one speed: slow" hat...

"Hey 1st Shirt!! Don't forget about the camping option if money is tight! $5.00 a night with all the amenities right nearby is a killer deal!"

But then the price of gas would triple as Sun-joo would insist on taking the car and enough supplies that we would have to pull a trailer. We're both on a diet so my solution is "No Eating." Gas for the bike, a hot shower and a king size bed - now those are essentials. thumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gif

Yeah right Richard. I have a hard time believing you'd ride around in 1st gear all day just to be part of the "smell the roses tour". Besides, this ride is for noho's (non-hooners) and your face pops up (Glenno's as well) when I google "hooners" so you'd better plan on hanging out with the other valentiners while my group does yoga and starbucks followed by a peaceful and serene tour of the park.

...while my group does yoga and starbucks followed by a peaceful and serene tour of the park.
Starbucks? Dang! I musta' missed that sign post flying through the valley. dopeslap.gif Latte' anyone? grin.gif

Hey Graydude,

I'm potentially interested in your generous offer of a tour. I've been to DV three times, but I've never had a comprehensive tour. When I rode DVD last year, lots of places were closed due to flooding. Plus I'm an inveterate lensman, so pictures stops are always welcome. Will we shoot for a sunrise or sunset photo op anywhere?

I'm planning to travel home Monday, so if I need a fix, I can hoon it up on Sunday.

See you Saturday morning, I guess--and thanks. thumbsup.gif

...while my group does yoga and starbucks followed by a peaceful and serene tour of the park.
Starbucks? Dang! I musta' missed that sign post flying through the valley. dopeslap.gif Latte' anyone? grin.gif

If someone will bring a full size coffeemaker and let me know about it. I will bring some really good coffee for the parking lot gathering in the mornings. As always, I plan to have a little something to share for the evening parking lot gatherings.

Don't those new LTs have an expresso maker built in any way Phil? (Not that I will get very close to that color you ordered, even if Carole is sitting on it and begging for a hug!!!)

I have a "suite" reserved, but dont' know if they have a fridge in the room or not...

I tried (with minimal success it appears tongue.gif ) to break the route planning and excited chatter out of the official planning thread so we can talk about who's going to be leading what rides etc., without overwhelming the "Who's coming and how do I make reservations" thread and making it too cumbersome to navigate through. The other official planning thread is here.

Post away here with your ideas for rides, routes, pictures, etc.

Here are some of my favorites:

14501576-M.jpg

2210909-M.jpg

2210898-M.jpg

2210941-M.jpg

More are available for your browsing pleasure:

Death Valley 2004 (Furnace Creek)

DVD 2005 Beatty, NV --Pre-run.

DVD 2005 Beatty, NV MLK Weekend

OK Jamie,

Here are a few of my favorites from last year, just to whet the appetite. . . .

14389146-M.jpg

14390695-M.jpg

Hi, David. Joining us this year?

14392019-M.jpg

14392039-M.jpg

14393427-M.jpg

Sure looking forward to another trip.

Let’s see I have to respond after reading this thread. I do not know if I will make it yet but it does happen to be a great place to ride in January and what can you say about the people on a public forum blush.gif.

You did not post the Beer list yet so what is it?

I know I will be moving right around this time frame so busy will be me, but maybe 1 one more thing on the to-do list will not hurt.

I know the ride I would like to take I just do not know the roads. Maybe I’ll need to PM Jonathan to find out where we were last year.

Let’s see that was up 395 make a right just out of some town with the name of Pine in it. Go up in altitude till you hit snow and ice. Continue on till you see a great little valley with lots snow and cattle, go up a large grade stop and take more pictures of the valley below. Continue on till you get to the main highway make a right at the cat house. Then back to the room.

Enough babble I would say I am on the fence for now but I would break it if I straddle it very long. So you can put me down as In or Out but some day I must figure this out tongue.gif

Well, thanks for checking in! grin.gif

So you can put me down as In or Out but some day I must figure this out tongue.gif

. . . and thanks for clearing that up as well! dopeslap.gif

. . . and thanks for clearing that up as well! dopeslap.gif

You know me, anything I can do to add clarity to the subject matter grin.gif

Call me if you need any input on finishing up your remodel on the house ooo.gif

Yeah right Richard. I have a hard time believing you'd ride around in 1st gear all day just to be part of the "smell the roses tour". Besides, this ride is for noho's (non-hooners) and your face pops up (Glenno's as well) when I google "hooners" so you'd better plan on hanging out with the other valentiners while my group does yoga and starbucks followed by a peaceful and serene tour of the park.

I am SO offended by your comments. I ride like the proverbial "little old lady" and can't belive you would say otherwise!

Since every time I try to put an image in my post, it doesn't work, I attached a pic just for you Todd!!!

Humph!!!

591752-Fairingsmall.thumb.JPG.a7a27290a62fce8a691ddc8252d54f1a.JPG

what the heck...since I was taking pictures, I'll just throw in one more:

591766-PegFeelerclose.thumb.JPG.8749267aeb27255ffb261a20397a4adb.JPG

If someone will bring a full size coffeemaker and let me know about it. I will bring some really good coffee for the parking lot gathering in the mornings. As always, I plan to have a little something to share for the evening parking lot gatherings.
Assuming I decide to come to DV, and I think I will, I'll probably truck and trailer down, the interesting roads will be closed at that time of year and I'd like to have my KLR and my CBR, the RT will probably still be in SLC...

However, I may well be camping since I can bring the mobile palace in the truck and I will probably stay for a week or so.

So, if, maybe, probably, I'll have a coffee pot! Of course, according to the recent coffee thread it's a crappy one.

One more newbie on board for the Death Valley ride. I have been hiding in the background for some time enjoying your website and forums. Already made reservations, look forward to meeting all of you in Death Valley.

The beer situation is worrying me - you did check that they had something interesting? Doesn't have to be AB but hopefully not Coors and Bud for a selection.

--------------------

Bob Palin

Torrey, UT

R1150RT, KLR650, CBR1000

DoD 257 FTL-LTF g.gif

407,000 miles and rolling smile.gif

www.bobpalin.com

Welcome to the DB, Werner!! clap.gif

You'll have a blast! thumbsup.gif

. . . and as for Bob:

The beer situation is worrying me - you did check that they had something interesting? Doesn't have to be AB but hopefully not Coors and Bud for a selection.

When we talked to them about the beer, they said they normally stock Guiness in the summer for all the German tourists, but some other sort of generic American beer (MGD?? eek.gif ) the rest of the year for the American tourists. I suppose we can put in an order for whatever sort of beer we'd like to have plenty of on hand for that weekend, since we're basically going to be filling the place! smile.gif

BTW, I thought YOU were in charge of the beer!! crazy.gif And don't bring any of that Utah-3.2% swill-excuse for beer you have there in Torrey! tongue.gif

Hmmm, sounds like a poll is in order!! cool.gif

(Just as a side note: when we were stocking the coolers with a great variety of beers at the UnRally at Cody we couldn't keep enough MGD on hand and it regularly sold out first . . . just so's you know! grin.gif )

Werner,

Welcome and please fill us in about yourself like:

Are you making the ride starting in Pahrump?

And are you buying the first Ten Rounds of Beers?

ooo.gifwink.gif

Quality beer was limited to Sam Adams in the attached mini-mart going for $9.00 per. We certainly will need to drink some of their beer but I for one plan on a secret stash for sharing. Just FYI. And Bob will have his truck so...

And Bob will have his truck so...
I can bring all the Utah beer and coffee that Jamie wants clap.gif

(btw, I really like some of the Utah microbrews, I don't care what the alcohol level is. When I used to home brew I was always trying to make a good tasting low alcohol beer, like a 2-3% dark mild for instance)

Newbee Alert!!!!!!!

The Whips are working on a plan to join the party!!!!!

The weather may end up being the determing factor.

Larry and Louise

Welcome, whip! clap.gif

If you and Werner haven't already, please post in the main Planning thread also (with a total) so we don't miss counting you all for dinner Friday night! thumbsup.gif

Now as far as the "Ecited Chatter" part:

I can bring all the Utah beer and coffee that Jamie wants clap.gif

Well, that shouldn't take up much space! eek.gif

grin.gif

One more newbie on board for the Death Valley ride. I have been hiding in the background for some time enjoying your website and forums. Already made reservations, look forward to meeting all of you in Death Valley.
Welcome to our world! smile.gif If you've been hanging around, then you know what you are in for. grin.gif Look forward to meeting you in person. thumbsup.gif
Alochol can make ANYONE sound like a grammy winner.
Then I shall sing!

A duet with Jamie would be the highlight of the trip!

I'm thinking I'll do the backing vocals for Bob on something by . . . Herman's Hermits or something?? grin.gif

(Mi, Mi, Mi, Mi, Mi . . . [Ahem!] . . . "Mrs. Brown yu've got a luv'ly daught'r . . . ." ) grin.gif

BTW, in case you missed it: "JoeG" mentioned previously that the moon will be full on Saturday night, the 14th of January!!! clap.gif

If you haven't taken a walk out on the salt flats at Badwater or down at the Devil's Golf Course near midnight on a full moon you're in for a treat!! The crystal clear desert air blocks almost none of the sunlight reflected off of the full moon and the moonlight reflected off of the salty ground creates an amazingly eerie effect!! blush.gif "The Moon on the crest of the [white salt formations gives] a luster of Mid-day to objects below" and a bizarre "lunar-like" feel to the landscape! thumbsup.gif

I'm thinking that if Jack Reeves is still alive by January and still performing at the Longstreet( eek.gif ), that we find a designated cage driver (your penalty for trailering! tongue.gifgrin.gif ) to take those of us who are interested down to the Devil's Golf Course after the band quits (around 10:00pm) for a leisurely hike/stroll out on the salt formations by the light of the Full Moon! eek.gifthumbsup.gif The golf course is down a dirt road you might not want to take your RT down anyway, and bring a book if you like--there'll be PLENTY of light!! cool.gif

Full moon down on the salt flats sounds great . . . but please tell me we won't be serenaded by you and Bob. No offense, but it just might take some of the magic out of the moment. tongue.gifgrin.giftongue.gif

Sun-joo and I would love to go. And of course would love to hear again about you and Leslie, blanket, bottle of wine, salt flats, full moon . . . Oh, sorry. I probably shouldn't mention that. You know how people will take and inch and turn it into a mile on this website. So, forget I mentioned that. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

And yet one more newbie for the Death Valley ride thumbsup.gif. Lots of good info and great people on this site will be glad to meet some of you'll. There is lot's of replys on this post and cold not find confused.gifthe specifics (day, time and route) for this event. Please anybody fill me in with this info.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

And yet one more newbie for the Death Valley ride thumbsup.gif. Lots of good info and great people on this site will be glad to meet some of you'll. There is lot's of replys on this post and cold not find confused.gifthe specifics (day, time and route) for this event. Please anybody fill me in with this info.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Hi! Welcome, ElDuche! The original "Planning" thread is here. (<-- click it!) You might post there how many in your party and if you'll be in for the Friday night reception so we can plan accordingly! thumbsup.gif

For those planning your rides out to the Longstreet in Amargosa, here's one for SoCal:

Anybody wanting to leave SoCal on Fiday morning, is more than welcome to ride with the Dry Town Crew! We should have two very servicable guest rooms by then and so far they are both unspoken for! smile.gif

We usually leave the SDSU area by 07:00 eek.gif , meet up with the North County contingent for breakfast in Santa Ysabel around 08:00 and then take the yummy back roads out through the desert (Montezuma Grade, Box Canyon, through Joshua Tree National Park, lunch in 29 Palms, Amboy Rd, Kelbaker road etc.). We should be able to be at the Longstreet for the reception in plenty of time! thumbsup.gif

You're also welcome to join up with us wherever at any point on the route. We'll be on Com: 2/0 en route, but be advised: we don't usually dawdle too long on the road! dopeslap.gif We do however stop for a proper breakfast at the Apple Country Restaurant in Santa Ysabel (across from Dudley's Bakery! smile.gif ) and lunch at Ed Chada's in 29 Palms (a few blocks east of the Chevron station.). thumbsup.gif

Man, I'm getting so excited already!! clap.gif

[Edit: I got the time wrong and it is now correct above: leave Case de Edmonds at 07:00 and meet for breakfast in Santa Ysabel at 08:00. We usually LEAVE Santa Ysabel by 09:00 for those wanting to join up with us there! cool.gif ]

Allright, I'm sorry for all the spamming here (well it IS an excited chatter thread after all! grin.gif ), but I just wanted to throw out another teaser for those who are still on the fence (or still in the closet! grin.gif ) about making it to Death Valley in January! Check out Leslie's Ride Tale from Last year's trip here!!

Woooooo BOY!! I can't wait!

Archived