IGNORED

R1200 GS/Adv ?

Hollow Road Rider

Lots and lots of members ride the GS/ADV.

The board is no longer just about the RT.

It is about life, living, and riding.

Please join us on the journey.

:wave:

Amen to that.

Plenty of Adventures, non-BMW rides, and others. The most important thing about this site is the people. We all come together for that.....and telling lies after the ride, of course.

Hollow Road Rider

Well, that's good to know. I joined this group when I rode an RT. Then I got the GS/Adv and found that other group that is quite popular and crowded. I come back here once in a while, but when I search for "GS and GS/Adv" I don't get any results.

Where do they hide?

I come back here once in a while, but when I search for "GS and GS/Adv" I don't get any results.

Where do they hide?

Under their broken final drives :rofl:

Well, that's good to know. I joined this group when I rode an RT. Then I got the GS/Adv and found that other group that is quite popular and crowded. I come back here once in a while, but when I search for "GS and GS/Adv" I don't get any results.

Where do they hide?

The search engine may be the culprit, as it doesn't handle searches for 2 and 3-character strings well. You may do better by using the asterisk wild card; e.g., gs* adv*.

OR, use google's "site:" feature: site:bmwsporttouring.com gs adv

More on advanced Google search techniques: How to Become a Search Ninja.

Does anybody in this forum ride a GS or GS/Adv?

Is it all RT's and K's here?

Just wondering....

Own them both.... will never part with either of them.

Hang out... enjoy the ride..

Interesting that riding has dropped to third...

Wow!..

Now I have to go ride a couple of hours and ponder this heavy philosophical point...

:thumbsup:

Owned a GS for a year before running back to the comfort of an RT. Didn't give it enough time me thinks. I'd like another GS or similar someday.

100_1601.jpg

Pat

The other sites like ADVrider are amazing for the ride reports and the crazy amout of knowledge and info you can get there.

For me there is just too much profanity and slamming of people on a personal level.

I love a good jab or and friendly ribbing, it makes things real and even more personal like any relationship would be in life. So I like this site better than those big sites with hundreds of thousands of members. There is alot of knowledge here, the site moves fast enough to stay interesting, but is a bit more civil than the others. This is not a knock on those sites at all, just a personal preference.

If you look at the signatures of memebers here you will see lots os GS/GSA owners here. As well as other adventure multi-purpose bikes like Teneres and Tigers and f800GS....

Mechanically speaking the RT and the GS are close enough that the info is interchangeable for service and tuning.

Best wishes with the newer scooter.

Kelly Mac

Archived