IGNORED

MV Verholen 1200ST barRisers

NMSharpy

So I'm 58 5'8" and have riden the R1200ST since 2007 the arms are always close to hyper extension and want to raise the bars up. MV Verholen makes a riser kit which includes the longer brake line has anyone mounted this? and what are your observations? I know Wunderlich makes a complete Triple clamp , bar and everything replacement but that is a Grand +, -, So was wondering about this option ANY feedback would and is appreciated.

I am 6_4 and have them on my bike. Nice units. You cannot go wrong installing them. They do not affect any OEM item and you can go back to stock with no problems. I had the same kit on my 1999 R1100s. MV Verhlen has made them for a number of BMW bikes.

I'm 62, also 5'8", and have also had an ST since 2007. The key to riding the ST, or any other bike with low bars, is a strong abdomen. If your arms are hyperextended it sounds like you're riding too upright and trying to support your weight on your arms. Tighten your abdomen a bit, relax your arms, and you should find your ST riding experience more enjoyable.

I have the Verholen kit on my ST. If you want the bars closer to you, the kit is only marginally effective. I'm a bit more comfortable but, really wish BMW had put an adjustable bar like on the K1200GT to bring them closer as they go higher.

Archived