IGNORED

Rear shock preload hose

RoanokeRider

Has anyone replaced the hose from the preload adjuster to the rear shock on a 2004 R1150RT? The parts fiche does not show it as a seperate part and does not even show the gasket/crush washer for the banjo bolt. The hose appears to be leaking where the banjo fitting conects to it. Any info on how to replace this hose would be appreciated.

It is supplied as part of the rear shock. The hose however, is a simple hydraulic line and any hose-repair service should be able to fix it or make a replacement easily enough. The fittings are standard metric hose couplings/washers.

Andy

Assuming you tried tightening it? I had preload adjuster leak where the hose fitting connects near the top of the shock. Pulled the shock, tightened the fitting, re-filled the preload oil - rides like new (as far as I can tell).

The hose at the banjo bolt has the outer casing pulled back showing the braided cover underneath and that seems to be where it is leaking. But, when I took the banjo bolt loose, there is a sealing washer under the bolt head and nothing between the banjo and the adjuster body. The adjuster body has an odd shaped recess in it. Anybody know what goes there? Thanks for any assistance.

Archived