IGNORED

Joke that got a college prof fired...

Huzband

From World Net Daily

"A group of sociologists did a poll in Arizona about the new immigration law. Sixty percent said they were in favor, and 40 percent said, 'No hablo English.'"

Please read the whole story for context.

My belief is some people are just looking for an excuse to squawk.

"If that is what it took to give him a reality check, and to make sure that no other student has to go through that, maybe it's for the best,"

Really? go through what? Like thats torture or something. The political correctness in this country has gone too far. Maybe this student needs to go to Mexico and go through that?

"If that is what it took to give him a reality check, and to make sure that no other student has to go through that, maybe it's for the best,"

Really? go through what? Like thats torture or something. The political correctness in this country has gone too far. Maybe this student needs to go to Mexico and go through that?

Was also my initial reaction upon reading that. However, looking over the rest of that site would lead me to believe it has more than a small axe to grind in certain areas.

Not shockingly, a perusal of the writings of Mr Engler shows that to a large degree, he also grinds the same tree cutting devices.

Without going into the rights or wrongs of the views of Mr Engler, the university, or any of the sites mentioned, it becomes incumbent upon the reader to discern that any article, particularly on the internet may not be all it seems.

Not saying this story is false mark you, but am saying that given the balance of probablities it would seem likely to me that the full context which is noted as required by the OP, is probably lacking.

Without going into the rights or wrongs of the views of Mr Engler, the university, or any of the sites mentioned, it becomes incumbent upon the reader to discern that any article, particularly on the internet may not be all it seems.

Thank you. I suppose it's human nature to believe something is true if it coincides with our pre-existing opinion/worldview, but the speed of the Internet exacerbates the problem of lack of critical thinking. One of the roles of librarians, especially in academic settings, is to get students to evaluate their sources critically -- and this is a task that has become far more difficult in the past decade.

Archived