IGNORED

What do You Drive?

Mike

Every ten years whether I need it or not. :grin: I had an 89 a 99 & now this pos 09. :/ Actually it not all that bad, it has a couple of rattles I can't seem to chase down. Gotta bring it back to the dealer.

100_8669.jpg

Pat

When not on a bike, I drive this 2010 Nissan Frontier

DSCN0105.jpg

My son just bought this 2011 Camaro SS. I am extremely jealous.

DSCN0398.jpg

This 1986 Monte Carlo SS is my show car.

MonteCarloatCCWD-05.jpg

For the last 30 years or so to me four wheelers are appliances. They better be nice and reliable, but appliances. So: 1994 Isuzu Trooper, transport in winter, mulch/topsoil/plants carrier in summer. Bought in 1995 with 27K miles, now 140K.

'97 Infiniti I30, bought in 2000 with again under 30K miles. Smooth, comfortable, reliable, no rattles, goes when I step on it. Now also 140K.

For the last 30 years or so to me four wheelers are appliances.

I'm not yet there, but I did help my son to track down a '96 Toyota 4Runner with 170,000 miles on it a couple of months ago. The thing's a beast--there were a few maintenance items that had been neglected and needed to be addressed, but it runs and functions perfectly. I wouldn't be surprised if he's able to double the mileage. It's definitely utilitarian, but it is an impressive vehicle.

My F 150 is not worth taking a pic.

I only use it when I have too.

I would rather ride.

How about your muscle car.......oh, never mind.

ShovelStrokeEd

2002 Boxter with Tiptronic.

Nicest car I've had in awhile.

Actually a bit of fun to drive as right now, an arthritic hip has me off bikes for a bit.

In 2009 I went from this 03 BMWZ4 3.0 Likely the last time I ever buy new.

1065381371_aUM3U-M.jpg

to this - 1998 Buick LeSabre. I do like the cloaking device and for that reason prefer it to the above.

742512214_atSpD-M.jpg

But Nigel is outgrowing the back seat!

2005 POS Honda civic hybrid, bought with 96k now 147k

Volvo XC 90 05 100k SWMBO mobile

F150 short bed quad cab 04 47k

I drive my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab. Its been a great truck and is rock solid. Never a problem, and I use it to tow my 1998 Sanger DLX 20 boat, 315hp fuel injected V-8 with a 2000 watt stereo.....I am toy lover!

camping.jpg

Dennis Andress

We bought "Timothy" a couple of years ago, he has maybe 5,500 miles now. We want to buy a chip and some Bilesteins for him. :)

427860861_x6now-XL.jpg

I have a operable 1915 model 'T' touring can you can have cheap...

It won't get your blood pumping, it even has electric start. Kids and old folks will smile and wave.

Every ten years whether I need it or not.

Pat

same here. 2000 Dodge Ram Quad Cab. 114K on the odo, still driving it and will run it till it dies. I'd like to get another 5yrs/50K out of it at the very least, but I don't put alot of miles on it.

We just bought a new 2011 Highlander for her. That'll be my hand-me-down when the the truck dies or she get's tired of it.

96 Dakota. Paint's peeling, the windshield's cracked, the bumper's rusting out. But it has that bullet proof 318 they've been making since 1967. yowza!

My dream car is a Studebaker Champ pickup, or maybe a Forward Control Jeep. Unfortunately I passed on an opportunity to buy a 1975 Daystar motorhome. Ugly as hell, but they only built 16 of 'em.

An 04 Nissan Armada with 118K miles and a 2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Dakar yellow with only 32K miles...

Oh and a 1985 Nissan 300ZX.

My favorite ride though is a Kubota B3030!

Nice looking rides here. I'm embarrassed to post pics of my 10+-year-old toy truck with way more than 100k miles.

Should have made this one a poll!

I drive an '05 Dodge Ram diesel with 106,000 miles on it. Bought it new, and use it for heavy towing and hauling. It gets about 23 mpg on the highway, and it quite comfortable as a road car. All loaded up and with a heavy trailer, totaling ca. 20,000 lbs, I get 13-16 mpg.

For around town, I drive a '10 Honda Fit with 5,000 miles on it. I get about 35-40 mpg.

Almost as fun as a bike:

111619327_H7SVe-S.jpg

For workin' & scufflin' around the Team Schnauzer Compound:

1157265784_fy9mH-S.jpg

My next truck needs to be mud colored.

For blowin' and mowin':

443085196_tXEmm-S.jpg

For leisure:

10985645_qMxeH-S.jpg

And once in a while, the Chief lets this follow me home:

1157264164_6f9Wv-S.jpg

Jetta Sportwagon TDI...Diesel engine, 38 mpg in town, 44 mpg on the highway.

di-2010-20volkswagen-20jetta-20sportwagen-20tdi-004_gallery_image_large.jpg

Hey Rich-

I've been meaning to ask a Sportwagen owner - you think you can fit two baby seats and a preteen in the rear seat? I've got a 3rd baby on the way and that arrangement might be tight in my mystery car.

-MKL

Recently gone but certainly not forgotten. '98 C2S. Now living in a nice home in California with about 74,000 sMILES.

Track photo is from NHIS at Loudon. Instructed with Metro and Northeast PCA for a few years. Amazing amounts of fun.

Porschec.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

Vinturn3bbside.jpg

Hey Rich-

I've been meaning to ask a Sportwagen owner - you think you can fit two baby seats and a preteen in the rear seat? I've got a 3rd baby on the way and that arrangement might be tight in my mystery car.

-MKL

I've had three adults in the back and two adults with a booster seat for my granddaughter. Some baby seats are very wide, so I'd bring yours to a dealer to test fit.

After being bumped from the saddle by health issues I wanted a car that was as close to a motorcycle as I could get with four wheels. An '05 (last yr. imported) Toyota MR2 Spyder won over several contenders. It is a garage toy that I drive almost daily with the top down here in central Florida.

GetAttachment1.jpg

'03 Chevy SSR

The Mrs didn't much care for the two wheeled traveling, so this is the next best thing for us.

Oh, and that thing behind it? We all own part of that!

Don J :wave:

'06 Honda Accord, ,01 Silverado to haul things, PA28-180 and a Taylorcraft BC-12D-85F, the k1200 and a 2000 Kawasaki 800. Oh, and they can all be purchased ;)

GetAttachment1.jpg

'03 Chevy SSR

The Mrs didn't much care for the two wheeled traveling, so this is the next best thing for us.

Oh, and that thing behind it? We all own part of that!

Don J :wave:

You fly that? :thumbsup: I feel very insignificant right now, just thought you'd like to know. :grin:

Pat

my black sheep doing the rattlesnake from Clarkston WA to Enterprise OR, next best thing to a motorrad, and fugettabout ATGATT...

rattlesnake5.jpg

theres a beatup vw passat with 175,000mi for winter driving,

russell_bynum

85 BMW 325e

310k on the Odo (which doesn't really work. We think the actual miles are closer to 400k.) Bilstein, H&R, Syspension techniques. It may not be pretty, but it sure is slow. Paid $300 for it 6 years ago and commute 120 miles/day in it. 28-30mpg. Really fun to drive unless you like acceleration. currently having issues passing CA smog but I'll get it sorted, I'm sure.

03 Dodge Ram 2500. Cummins. Quad cab 4x4. 170k. Crappy truck. Great engine. Why the hell can't I get the Ford with the Cummins engine?

Lisa's got:

00 528i. 168k. I put bilsteins on it a couple of years ago.

94 Jeep Wrangler. 4.0L. No top or doors. :)

I guess I like inline sixes. :Cool:

Considering either a Mazda 3 or a Honda Fit to replace the old 325 when I finally get tired of it.

05 Ford Pursuit ute with 5.4 modular and a ZF auto as the alternate 6 speed manual is a horrid thing.

Got rather bored with kangaroos destroying the front end (4 times!) so fitted a very cumbersome looking 5 post bull bar which just punts them over the nearest fence.

Also got bored with the stock 385HP so installed a Kenne Bell blower which means those 'roos punt further these days.

All in all it looks like hell but goes like it too, though it doesn't get used except for when I need to haul things out to the property. The one area that my K fails me.

2001 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4...hauled our daughter and 3 horses to barrel races for years.

2010 Honda Accord...my daily driver.

2007 Porsche Boxster S, my wife's daily driver.

no pics of any.

also, the moto, z-mower, hew holland tractor, 4 wheeler, a zillion bikes and one large 4 legged, retired barrel racer.

1896938872_d4df158d68.jpg

Archived