IGNORED

Who's got game ?

Richard_D

You say "us" and "we" in your question or do you mean "me" and "I" Bob. Have you been hired behind the scene to speak for everyone here now. Let me ask you a question. You walk into a book store, You look at a title, You go as far as to open the book and start reading to see if it interests you, it doesn't, do you call to everyone in the book store, , text all your friends , and put an ad in the paper to criticize the Title of the book or do you just close the book , put it down and move on to another one? Utah sure is beautiful but it obviously makes some people crazy in the winter .I'm going dirt biking this weekend in ugly Florida.70 degrees. Your welcome to take a vacation , head this way and have some fun to break up the boredom if that will make you feel better .

You both made good points. But the guy who can really make good points is in the link. Incidentally, the link is about a young kid who can play basketball bettter than the pros. You gotts see this.

Every Post on this forum does "NOT" always describe what the thread is about in the title 100%.I find it clever sometimes how one of the words is a hint and makes sense after opening it up. I can give plenty examples but I'm not going to take the time. I'm also not going to try to explain myself to Bob any more. I've been posting on this forum for many years now and usually get a thank you for sharing so I'm not about to stop.I don't know Bob but I think I met him one year at Daytona when I recommended Marios for dinner.I'm not taking this personal .If I made him mad with using the word Miracle in my previous post, I'm sorry Bob.

I find it rude to just throw up a tinyURL (or any URL for that matter) and tell everybody it's interesting. There is so much stuff available that some editing has to be done in what I watch, a clue helps.

I find it rude to just throw up a tinyURL (or any URL for that matter) and tell everybody it's interesting. There is so much stuff available that some editing has to be done in what I watch, a clue helps.

Bob....coffee.

:grin:

I never said it was interesting. You are the first person to ever complain about my posting. Don't click on it if you think your time will be wasted. Everyone has choices in this life to make and I hope this is your biggest problem. Good luck to you .

The clue was in the title "Game". Sorry I wasted your time and bothered you too Randy. Your entitled to your opinion but the difference between us is I move on without criticizing if someone puts something up I'm not interested in. Like I said I'm not taking it personal. You must just be the type to get bent out of shape over nonsense. I hope you have a happy and healthy life

basketball game? football game? board game? motorcycle game? All make a difference on whether I want to click the link. tiny url is great at reducing long hyperlinks, but leaves no clue as to where you are going, and believe it or not, some people dont like clicking on blind links, even from people they know and like.

Personally I like surprises.If you get a present you don't like, do you get mad and tell them not to wrap it next time so you don't waste your time un wrapping it? How can something so trivial bother you ? You may lose a minute of your life ? I'll probably not change my ways. It's probably because I'm old. Bottom line, don't click on a link that doesn't sufficiently tell you what it is. You might miss out on something good though. Bob wasted more time pointing out how I should change the title than opening it up. I hope this is done.

Joe Frickin' Friday
How can something so trivial bother you ? You may lose a minute of your life ?

This goes both ways, Richard. You seem quite bent out of shape that someone has offered advice on how you might make your posts more inviting.

(FWIW, trivial things bother people all the time. People who don't use their turn signals piss me off to no end, even when it has no real impact on me. :grin:)

I won't go so far as to say posting a nondescript link is rude - if so, then most of the internet is rude - but I do agree with Bob and Randy that some sort of description either in the thread title or in the body of the OP is helpful. FWIW, I tend to go to extremes in that regard, but that's just me.

Also, some sites are off-limits for folks who are browsing at work. I imagine you used tinyURL to shorten the link, but this also hides the actual destination site; I can't chance clicking on it until I get home tonight.

I have told Richard that I will ignore his posts, seems like the best thing I can do, don't want to block him because that would be rude.

I'm stressed, stupid work schedule and since the 26th no time off at all, 12+ hours a day in front of this thing. 4 days in Death Valley will help I hope. After that I get to be totally self-employed again which I'm looking forward to, but am financially nervous about.

Point taken Mitch but if clicking on something at work may get you in trouble, I wouldn't do it. I'm just not as extreme like you and I'll apoligize right now for everyone I aggrivate in the future. I also think if someone wants to give me advice on how to change something thay believe I'm doing wrong, do it in private. Also Mitch , I like the way you worded it. Telling someone their link may not be worth clicking on is like saying sometimes you waste my time. Making it more inviting sounds pretty good but I stll like surprises and can't believe no one else does.

I aint mad,or upset, really I was more surprised Bob and I were on the same point of view for a change!

Morning Bob! Have fun in Death Valley!

Geeze, I think we all have a case of the post christmas grumplies.

When I can not ride the bike, I tend to ride the keyboard and, sometimes, just like on the bike, I ride a little over my head.

It looks like this is a case where we would all benefit from agreeing to disagree.

Spring isn't far away because winter is here with a vengeance.

Ride Well

Ride Often

Ride to Eat

Ride When You Get A Chance

:wave:

I saw the kid on the news before so as I watched the dreaded link ramp up I realized what was up and turned it off.

My thoughts, what if he stays 4'10" and can really handle a ball. Are the leagues going to call him up?

Archived