IGNORED

Where to find a metal Oil Filler wrench

Fubar

Of course, I have the cheap plasticy one that came in the "tool kit" but I really want a more durable metal one. I saw one once online 2 years ago but even on that site (Wunderlich, I think) I can't find one. Since I finally had to add oil last month (1 cup after 9k miles) I figure this is a purchase I should be making soon before the plastic one breaks when needed.

So, any ideas?

In case it matters, it's for the '09 RT.

Any local auto parts store carry's metal cup style oil filter wrenches,and they also have several kinds of metal band type wrenches with handles that should do the job. RT filters are fairly easy to access.

Any local auto parts store carry's metal cup style oil filter wrenches,and they also have several kinds of metal band type wrenches with handles that should do the job. RT filters are fairly easy to access.

He said oil filler, not filter. :)

1 cup after 9k miles

Do you ever change your oil? :rofl:

I had the dealer do it at service time. I won't make that expensive mistake again. It was changed at 750 miles and again at about 6500. So that 1 cup loss was from 6500 to 9000 (or 2500 miles for the math-impaired). Guess I'll watch it more closely from now on. At least that quart I bought should last for 10k miles at that rate.

Thanks for the link. I love the "brown bottle" reference. Whatever could that mean? Don't drink and add oil. :need sarcasm emoticon here

I think I'm going to replace the plastic plug with a metal one, possibly locking. Guess I'll pick up a spark plug puller while I'm at it.

Archived