IGNORED

System 6 Helmet owners - Views Please

Survived-til-now

Survived-til-now

I'm hankering after a new BMW helmet.

I wore out my System 4, am not particularly impressed by my System 5 (it seems noisier and the ventilation isn't that good when its cold and raining).

Is the System 6 the answer? I especially like the idea of a built-in sun visor. I am not sure I can run to the Schuberth C3 that many seem to like.......

Grateful for your views, especially those who have had the System 6 for some time......

Thanks

Andy

Cant help with the system 6 but have a schuberth C2 which is, obviously the forerunner to the C3. Much cheaper (around 250 on ebay) and comes with sun visor and is very quiet.

Some people don't like the fit so it's worth trying one on at a dealer first

Andy, you're probably not going to get too much reaction from the North American crowd as BMW helmets are not sold in the U.S., though they are in Canada as of about two years ago. At a retail price of around $999 CDN, I suspect that you're not going to find too many Canadian riders with a System 6.

Survived-til-now

Mark

A big thank you for pointing that out! At an exchange rate of roughly £1 - CD1.5 that's over 600 of our pounds - and in this country the going rate for a system 6 is £375 - what a rip-off for you guys...

The Schuberth C3 is around £450 so considerably more than the System 6.

Oh -well - I'll see if I can find some reviews over this sisde of the Atlantic.

Andy

Just replied to another helmet thread, I'm sure you'll see my response.

We haven't put many hours on our two System 6 helmets, but so far I really like mine. My wife says her's doesn't quite have that "lived in" feel yet and is a bit tight still, but mine is far more comfy than the C2 I had before. I think they changed the overall shape of the helmet (Schuberth makes both the C3 and the System 6 as I'm sure you know). Or maybe my head is shaped differently now.

Today was our first day with our starcom intercom installed and working. It was relatively easy to fit in the helmets, but used the "warm spoon" technique to hollow out the ear speaker placement just a bit more.

I really appreciate the larger sun shade, and as I mentioned in the other thread it was cheaper than the C3. The BMW salesman was also eager to point out that it was lighter than the C3 (but not by much). The exterior shell shape of the System 6 is slightly different from the C3 as well. And did I mention it was cheaper? Still a little difficult to believe...

Oh, and the colour matches really well with the RT. :)

Russ

Archived