IGNORED

Battery Tender Plus

Lawman

The green and red lights on my Battery Tender Plus flicker continuously when I plug it in..It make no differnce whether I have the battery leads connected to the battery or not..Is it trash?

The answer can be found on the Battery Tender website:

Link:http://batterytender.com/includes/languages/english/resources/Trouble_Shooting_BT_Plus.pdf

I would contact them for a definitive answer.

Jerry Johnston

The manual says to connect the battery first then plug it into the wall outlet. Could this be your problem?

The manual says to connect the battery first then plug it into the wall outlet. Could this be your problem?

Nope...Just tried it...thanks though..

Do you have the BMW plug on the end of it? If you do unscrew the plastic cap and slide it back. Make sure each wire is firmly held in place with the terminal screw. I'll bet one of them or both of them are loose.

Called Deltran..A real live person answered on third ring. I described my problem. She confirmed the problem was internal and asked for the serial number . Serial number confirmed the unit was 7 years old. She said they would send me a complete new unit (clips and rings included) upon receipt of the old one and a check for $17.95 to cover postage and handling..Phone call took less time than it took me to type this post.. :thumbsup:

Bobbybob,

will this charger you got from Sears also work on a Canbus system?

Schumacher SpeedCharge Battery Maintainer and Charger

Francis

Bobbybob,

Francis

You can only use the hyper expensive BMW charger when running through the Canbus system. Just run a pigtail with an SAE plug direct from battery and charge through this. The advantage here is you can now also run a pump in case of flat repair. A pump will NOT operate off your Canbus socket.

Bobbybob,

Francis

... A pump will NOT operate off your Canbus socket.

I've been powering my CyclePump through my 2006 R12RT's accessory sockets (I have three) since Day One. And no, they are not wired directly to the battery. I do, though, have a wire running to my battery with an SAE plug which I use for a battery charger.

I've been powering my CyclePump through my 2006 R12RT's accessory sockets (I have three) since Day One. And no, they are not wired directly to the battery. I do, though, have a wire running to my battery with an SAE plug which I use for a battery charger.

I too have run a dc powered air compressor off the BMW outlet without a problem. At least this was true on the '06 RT, I have not used the compressor on the '09 yet. I have the motor running when I do that. I do not think the bike's computer cares if the motor is running or not, but I do it anyway. ;)

I too have the SAE plug for my Battery Tender Jr but have not yet found a similar connector for the air compressor. That would of course take the BC out of of the equation.

In response to:

Poster: Deek

Subject: Re: Battery Tender Plus

Originally Posted By: marcopolo

I too have run a dc powered air compressor off the BMW outlet without a problem. At least this was true on the '06 RT, I have not used the compressor on the '09 yet. I have the motor running when I do that. I do not think the bike's computer cares if the motor is running or not, but I do it anyway. wink

I too have the SAE plug for my Battery Tender Jr but have not yet found a similar connector for the air compressor. That would of course take the BC out of of the equation.

I ran a dc air compressor through the accessory plug when I picked up a nail in my rear tire last summer. I started the bike when I ran it and it worked fine.

Archived