IGNORED

Motorcycle Show, not much to report

RPG

Novi, MI.

Seems to get a bit worse each year. No Ducati, BMW, Triumph. Most missed was the Ducati display with complimentary espresso's.

However, there were several vendors offering scratch resistant coatings for your sunglasses.

RPG

Yep same here in L.A. however we seem to keep going every year.

Signed up for a Roadracing World subscription since Cyle News stiffed me out of a 5 year renewal. Been getting CN since the early 70's and a little bitter about the way they handled or didn't handle the closing with respect to their customers.

This one?

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/

Could be economy and/or the weather in Michigan right now.

Like RV's, boats and airplanes, motorcycles are toys and they are the first to go while we are in this recession. Some MFG's probably look at the expense vs benefit of following the show circuit and figure it doesn't make sense on the bottom line.

I've been to these shows and none of them later influenced what I eventually purchased. I attend for entertainment purposes only.

At the San Francisco Bay Area (actually in San Mateo, CA) show back in November Ducati had a large display that included the new Diavel. Ural was represented as well. However, as in MI, no BMW or Triumph. You didn't mention Victory being absent - no Victory here. This leads me to suspect that geographical proximity has something to do with what makes are at what shows. Ural is based in the Seattle area, and I believe that the US Ducati headquarters is in LA. Victory is in MN, close enough to MI to ship some bikes over without too much expense.

peter '73 R75/5, '04 R1150RA, '06 Kawasaki, '08 Suzuki

San Mateo had Victory. A huge display, in fact. They also had the N. Cal. Dealer contingent for BMW. No K16s of course. I liked the Ducati display with the free espresso though.

I liked the prototypes, customs (wicked Honda cruiser modified into something vaguely Confederate-like), and new models (that Duc Diavel looks muscular!).

And the rain this year (in Long Beach) kept the parking lot nearly empty. Wusses, lol!

A friend called about going to the upcoming NYC Show. I go every two years now. As much as I would like to attend after about an hour (unless I need something or there's a new bike of special interest)I'm ready to leave. Years ago, I always seemed to "need something", now even I can't justify additionnal farkles. For those of you attending-enjoy the show!

Archived