IGNORED

Tools

Urban Surfer

Urban Surfer

Which throttle body snyc tool is better, the twin max or the carbtune pro sold by beemer bone yard?

Also where can I buy the tool to torque the alternator belt adjuster?

Or is there some other tool that will suffice?

Thanks

ShovelStrokeEd

I prefer a home made water manometer to either of those sync tools. The difference in cost will pay for an oil change or two.

I use a tire spoon and the 90 degree turn method for alternator belt tension. Pry up the alternator until the belt will just turn 90 degrees at mid span by hand. Average life of alternator belts on my bikes was about 60K miles.

+1 for Morgan Carbtune. Had mine for years, works great and easy to use. Unlike that damn Frog electrickery contraption that relies on batteries!! IMHO, French engineering is somewhat of an oxymoron :rofl:

Since you didn't bring up cost (where the home made has an advantage) the CarbTune without a doubt.

It works better then TM IMO based on checking eased and function on the same bikes at TEch Days.

It is easy to transport compared to home made manometer.

There is no danger of anything being sucked in (not that I've heard of that best I can recall).

Which throttle body snyc tool is better, the twin max or the carbtune pro sold by beemer bone yard?

Also where can I buy the tool to torque the alternator belt adjuster?

Or is there some other tool that will suffice?

Thanks

If you do a search for this, you will find this topic keeps comming up.

Some of us (me included) love the simplicity, cheapness, & accuracy of the carbtune, while others will argue the case for the Twinmax.

Search back and you will be befuddled by the amount of info.

Andy

I use my simple, homemade manometer on fours with no problem. In fact, I think it is more accurate to do TBs in pairs (against a reference cylinder) because it reduces the number of temporary vaccum connections. YMMV.

Archived